Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Donor Frame

I totally agree with Don because many moons ago, I was that guy. The project really never got off the ground and interest was lost and the project sat, eventually parted out for a pittance. Unless that is really the car you want and desire, otherwise plan, budget and build when you can with the right parts or buy a decent car done at 50% of the build price.
What he said! Also, if no money is your budget, trade out your work. Hey, I swap out my services all the time....keeps my build cost down. Anything Motor, I either have or can get, so, I take my building and welding skills and trade it for something I want.
Its take less money to do it right the first time, than it does to do it 1/2 assed and then have to re-do it. This comes from 40+ years of doing this crap.
Don, SS, and others are right, do a T-Frame. ---You have no money, you have no tools, and you have no skill.--- With that statement outta the way, you gotta have alot of one, a good bit of another, and you can get by with a smidgen of the last. If you don't have any of the 3, your shit outta luck!
If you got Tools and Skill, you need little money, you can make most of your car by hand, thru hard word work and knowhow. If you got money and tools, you can buy the things what make it look like you got skill. If you got skill and money, the tools can be had.

Tools you can get used or on the cheap. Skill has to be aquired thru experience or developed, some of us are born with it. You have to have money to exist, unless your Youal or Ual Gibbons....remember the guy that ate nuts, pinecones and bark off trees, that guy.

Look at some of the Rat T's and RatRods, they have very little money, but they're safe and mostly road worthy. Might look like hell, but thats where you do what you want.
Sorry for being brutally honest, but that where the crap sticks, if its flung....

Keep the driveline outta the S10, along with everything but the frame. Make a list of what you need. Sell everything else S10-ish to finance the T. Like, the windows, sell them cheap to someone who had theirs busted out or cracked. Sell and trade....things that a T won't need that someone with a S10 would need. Sell that Body and the bed. Run a ad in the cheap local paper to sell the S10 frame for $375. Go by one at a swap meet or get one from Ron @ RPM....he's here on the boards all the time like me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back