Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dreaming about flames and ghosts... oh my..

Russ, couldn't you have found an angle that would have included that green Pentastar sitting in front of the building. What was that, pray tell?

Pentastar?? huummmm. Micks (the guy who did my flames) 67 Coronet RT 440 is sitting there, so I recon that's what you're looking at however.
Funny story on that car actually. you see Mick likes to wheel and deal cars for part of his income. well, up until about a month ago he had a VERY nice (30K car) 54 Pontiac with 383 tri power goat motor. in a year and 1/2 he couldn't sell or trade the car for love nor money until 3 weeks ago at a show he was talking to a guy with a 56 Chev (35K car) who loved the Pontiac. well they ended up doing a straight trade. the very next day a guy comes along with a real deal 32 Ford roadster highboy (40K car) and begs Mick to trade for the 56 Chev, which he did. the day after that Mick sells the 32 for 38K and buys the Dodge in the pic. he's had The RT for a couple weeks now, so he might sell it cheep just to turn it if you're interested. I'll bet it "let you have it" for 50K or so. ;)

Russ

When I was at Total, trying to make the decision (as if) on whether or not to give Brian a deposit on a kit, we talked long and hard on whether to use Chevy mounts or small block Chysler mounts. I figured the Chevy made the most economic sense, so that was the final decision. But the longer it takes to get this project standing on all four legs, the more I consider other options. Cut me and I bleed Mopar blue. Over the last 41 years, I've only ever owned 3 vehicles that weren't Dodges.

Then again, I hear my "favorite" sockpuppet is telling everyone I don't even own a T, so there you go. Since he's always right and I'm always wrong, I am probably hallucinating about all of it. :hippie:

When I was at Total, trying to make the decision (as if) on whether or not to give Brian a deposit on a kit, we talked long and hard on whether to use Chevy mounts or small block Chysler mounts. I figured the Chevy made the most economic sense, so that was the final decision. But the longer it takes to get this project standing on all four legs, the more I consider other options. Cut me and I bleed Mopar blue. Over the last 41 years, I've only ever owned 3 vehicles that weren't Dodges.

Then again, I hear my "favorite" sockpuppet is telling everyone I don't even own a T, so there you go. Since he's always right and I'm always wrong, I am probably hallucinating about all of it. :hippie:

As to Mr. Puppet I couldn't tell you what he's said, as I don't run in that circle. As to the Dodge, I'll get you some more pics of Micks car. it is a nice one. Only Dodge I ever owned was a Plymouth. 72 Duster 340 actually. purple shaft cam, 727, 8 3/4 posi etc. owned the car 4-5 years and sold it for exactly what I paid for it in 73. $1,200.oo dollars. really cut a fat hog on that deal didn't I. :dunno:

Russ

Hey Mike, you could use one of your buddies Chebby V6s and make it scream. Or you could do like me with my Dodge truck and put a 360 tbi with an o/d tranny. Wiring it was fun- from a V6 5 speed manual tbi to the 360. Runs like hell when you want it to.

Very cool Russ. I love the green too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back