Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

e-mail provider

quasi

need a little info guys. my cable company who i have a e-mail acct is changing ( 10 years ), i do not wish to use the new companies e-mail. i have till april with my old acct.wondering if a hotmail, yahoo etc are any good. i have alot of forums and web sites i belong to , looking to have something i do not have to worrry about having to change again. any input ,ideas ,suggestions etc. thanks guys

I use GoDaddy for my email account. I purchased a domain (corleyw.com) from them. For 10 years it only cost me $76 total, and includes a mail account. I've had it for 7 or 8 years with no issues whatever. I have a couple of MSN accounts with Qwest dsl lines, but I don' t use them. I think most data line providers will give you a free mail account, but it you are going to a cell 4G connection, then you will have to provide your own.

Corley

The short time I've been on the forum has been fun talking about T-buckets. There are quite a few businessmen that are here and retired folks. It takes a lot of time to build a website. That time has to mean something. Moreover, what is the webmaster's time worth? The donations here don't look like they come out to be a whole lot.

I have used hotmail for ever. I have a yahoo and gmail account but hotmail is my primary account. Of course I also have my work email but that is for work. The biggest benefit for a hotmail style account is when you are out of town you can always check your mail without having to use webmail. It is also free and for the most part things stay the same for a few years before some dingbat decides it needs an upgrade.

I hope I can explain this properly.
I have 5 different email accounts, I don't know how that happened but it did and it was a pain in the butt trying to keep track of them. I don't really understand computers but just over a year ago my son set me up with a free Gmail account that gathers all the mail from my other accounts so I only have to go to one place to read all my email
. The really cool part with using the Gmail account is that if I receive mail from any of my other accounts and respond to it it uses that accounts email address not the Gmails.

G mail works great but beware lots of spammers use gmail so there will be sites you will have issues joining as they moniter new accounts using gmail

I have Go Daddy for mail hosting.. so i have my own @cralt.com email accounts. They have webmail access so i can check my email anywhere if i want.. or use the POP3 access for the built in mail programs on my mac's

You get what you pay for with the free email accounts...

Of all the accounts I have had over the years, My first was Juno, still have it after more than 25 years, and I have had or tried them all... Juno works really easy, I did not up grade to all the new trick stuff over the years, I still use Juno 5.0... my best Friend made the mistake of up grading, and has not been happy ever since... So; I will keep this old version till it drops or me... hehe Another friend now has Windows 7 and the new Juno for such, it does not work that great it seems, but she could have it setup wrong also??? ... I like easy and clear to operate... :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back