Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Econoline drum question

mystic122468

Hey guys.. Is it possible the the front and rear drums are the same for the 64 Econoline? i'm having a heck of a time trying to find fronts (at least at a reasonable price).
I was told the front and rear was from a 64 Econoline but when I ran the numbers on the Rear drums it came back as 66 Econoline.....
Any help would be great. I thought the brakes were going to be the easy part of the build.. LOL

Thanks!
Jim

Do a online search thru some of your parts houses for whatever year you have. Do it for both front and back and you will be able to compare part #s That is what I did for my Maverick rear end brake parts.
Lee

Hey guys.. Is it possible the the front and rear drums are the same for the 64 Econoline? i'm having a heck of a time trying to find fronts (at least at a reasonable price).
I was told the front and rear was from a 64 Econoline but when I ran the numbers on the Rear drums it came back as 66 Econoline.....
Any help would be great. I thought the brakes were going to be the easy part of the build.. LOL

Thanks!
Jim
Not sure what you call a reasonable price, but I bought two at Rock Auto.
I found them for $33.79 each, bought two and with $17.37 in shipping the total came to $84.95.
The price has dropped to $29.79 now.

Go to Rock Auto and search on the part number below.
http://www.rockauto.com/
CENTRIC Part # 12365007

BrakeDrumFront-62Econoline.jpg BrakeDrumFront-62EconolineApplication.jpg

I had to have the old drums pressed off, which distorted the inside surface, they are definitely no good now.

I bought the Econoline drums for the front of my roadster at Advance Auto Parts. Ordered them one day and got them the next. I don't remember the price (4 years ago), but it was in the range of $30 each.;)

I have used Econoline front axles on 3 different cars and never had to have the drums pressed off; they always just slipped off like the rear ones...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back