Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Engine Question

GTT

I have a pre-1967 SBC with the old-style draft tube casting in the engine block. Just wondered if I can use that provision in the block to attach a PVC valve to ventalate the engine from crankcase pressure? Also, my engine is equipped with Edelbrock valve covers that are NOT drilled for PVC valve or breathers. I'm using an old style (CB4?) that has oil fill/breather tube installed. I'm new to the T-Bucket forum and a recent T-Bucket (project) owner and I appreciate the information that this site and the members share. Thanks.
GTT

Good morning GTT, I have a 1959 block that had a road-draft tube on the rear of the top of the block, I found a grommet that fit a PCV and installed the PCV in the back of the block, bent a piece of 3/8" aluminum tubing and took it to the base of the carb. Then I used a breather cap on the oil fill tube in the intake, works great.
P1140620.JPG

P1140619.JPG

Nicely done.

Ron

I have a 327 that the factory basicaly did the same thing on.

Good morning GTT, I have a 1959 block that had a road-draft tube on the rear of the top of the block, I found a grommet that fit a PCV and installed the PCV in the back of the block, bent a piece of 3/8" aluminum tubing and took it to the base of the carb. Then I used a breather cap on the oil fill tube in the intake, works great.
P1140620.JPG

P1140619.JPG

Hey sstock, sorry it's taken so long to reply. Thank you for the "elegent" fix to my question. I applied the same fix to my engine. I've yet to fire it up - hopefully, I'll do so in the next couple of weeks. I appreciate your quick response and apologize for my "slow" response (lots of work!).

P1140620.JPG

P1140619.JPG
That motor is plumb PURDY! I Love the Single 4 tunnels....alot of torque to be had! And not hard to tune either....

Hey sstock , That breather cap will keep out the big bugs & birds but won't do squat keeping out dirt! just sayin'.....
dave

Hey sstock , That breather cap will keep out the big bugs & birds but won't do squat keeping out dirt! just sayin'.....
dave
I know Dave but worked in the fifties and sixties, aint going dirt tracking or putting a ton of miles on her either.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back