Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

First start of the season

It's still a little chilly for cruising but I'm hoping to get the bucket out of winter storage and put the snowblower away this week, this will be the 48th summer I'll be running it.

48 years with the same snow blower? LOL We might hit 60 degrees sometime this week in Wisconsin. If we do, it will be short lived. I'm still waiting for my engine. It will be nice to hear it run for the first time. Even if it is cold where you are, enjoy the sound summer is coming.

Get Cory out of that Green T and working on the Purple T!!! My lips are getting tired from making noise waiting on my T ! hehehehehe
Sun shinning and 74 here today, heart pounding ready to cruise. BigPete

Was going to cruise this afternoon [75 right now] but wife says we have to go for a bike ride...the pedal kind. Sure hope we go where it's flat.

I'm one of the lucky ones; I have two hot rods and I live where I can drive them year-round! When it's cold I drive the coupe and when it's pleasant I drive the roadster... Seriously, I used to have to put my toys away in early October and leave them until late April. I always hated cold weather (even as a child) and I saw enough snow to last several lifetimes, so I left Indiana 35 years ago and moved to Florida. I took a 40% cut in income just to get out of the crappy northern climate and I've never been sorry. C'mon down folks. It's great here.

I'm one of the lucky ones; I have two hot rods and I live where I can drive them year-round! When it's cold I drive the coupe and when it's pleasant I drive the roadster... Seriously, I used to have to put my toys away in early October and leave them until late April. I always hated cold weather (even as a child) and I saw enough snow to last several lifetimes, so I left Indiana 35 years ago and moved to Florida. I took a 40% cut in income just to get out of the crappy northern climate and I've never been sorry. C'mon down folks. It's great here.
I would love to, but my wife isn't convinced...

I'm like "meangreen" in that I have two street rods, one with all the amenities and one with the bare necessities. I waited until I retired to make my move to Florida because I had a great paying job in Ohio. I was more than happy to leave the lousy weather and bad roads up there and another plus to living in Florida is that there is no state income tax.

Jim

Ex Junk, I'm jealous...My plan is to do the same as you did but a got a few years to tough it out first.:(

Low 60's and sunny here in St. Louis.......wife and I took 100 mile road trip this afternoon. 27T runs good, tracks nice and straight. Will be better when we don't have to bundle up when we cruise.

It was 75'ish today in Lafayette, Louisiana. We have a cruise ever Saturday and some Sundays. Today the first Saturday it was at Pep Boys. These cruise in's are growing by leaps and bounds. Last year at this time we might have had 15-20 cars. Tonight I am estimating 75-100 cars. Jayson (Fords by Jay) was there with his wife and her Cobra and Jayson had his new project, a 56 Ford.
Everything considered I would rather be in Lafayette.

The cruise scenes around here are hugely popular also. There is at least one cruise-in within 30 minutes drive every night of the week except for Sunday. But our informal club gets together for a drive every Sunday morning (even Easter!). Usually just to get coffee or visit a scenic place. Happy Easter!

I was in Lafayette in Feb. and it was 77 one day. Felt good but came back to Michigan and 14 below!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back