Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

first time builder new here

kenwood

Hello to all. I made my first post this afternoon after a lot of encouragement from EX JUNK! Jim and I have been friends for near 50 yrs! He moved in our neighbor hood about 1963-64 He had a killer 51 chevy coustom at the time. He would LET me polish the engine chrome.
As I started looking for a project I saw all the "kits" Speedway, Sprit, Superior Glass. I liked the Superior the best, however the cost to ship($2000.00) could be used in better ways. So I gave Jim a call to get his ideas and he turned me on to a guy he had worked with who had a 27 T. Dino started this project about 10 yrs ago. With working more overtime and 3 kids he just ran out of time. Dino fab everything himself tube chassis, independent front end suspension. I have been working on the chassis, plumbing the brakes, trans cooler, gas tank running battery cables. All that doesn't sound like much, unless you have not done this before. The next order of business was to cut in the trunk lid and the doors. I am working on that as we speak. I will try to get more pictures up for you all to analyze and comment on. Thanks for the interest -Ken

Welcome to the site Ken. It's always good to have another member.

Welcome, there is nothing as exciting than diving right in. Good luck with the build and post up some pics of what you have going.
Steve

Welcome from Maryland, Ken. Enjoy the build.

Welcome to the forum Ken, we're looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Welcome to the forum. It must be dangerous living near Jim, pretty soon you start wanting to build your own hot rod, and then it all goes downhill from there. :D Nah, it's a lot of fun, just wait until you take that first ride in your own car.

Don

Welcome to the sight,, you have an Ace in the hole with Exjunk as a neighbor he has been helpful here and sure he explained the rules that pictures are a must. :thumbsup:

I'm in Sheffield Lake( west of Cleveland). now but grew up in Woodworth(Boardman). I have a 23t. that was built in 1981 that I have rebuilding over the winter. Let me know if I can help in any way as I come down there quite abit to visit relatives and go to the swapmeets at the fairgrounds.
Bill

Welcome from beautiful SAGAMORE HILLS , Ohio
Nice to see so many from NE Ohio on this site
As ba60 said if you need any help just PM and i can be there to help
Frank

ba60, Ken lives almost across the street from the Canfield Fairgrounds. I used to live about two miles from the fairgrounds and had a spot for the spring and fall meets there. I moved to Florida in 2003 when I retired.

Jim

I used to live on rt.626 just up from the corner of rt7 and Western Reserve Rd. I bought my bucket from a guy in Warren last Oct. I just got it all back together today and took her out for a short cruise. She ran good. Feels great to have her running. We northern Ohio guys should meet up somewhere.
Bill

I used to live on rt.626 just up from the corner of rt7 and Western Reserve Rd. I bought my bucket from a guy in Warren last Oct. I just got it all back together today and took her out for a short cruise. She ran good. Feels great to have her running. We northern Ohio guys should meet up somewhere.
Bill
We should get together. I always need to look at any "T" I can. I can come your way and visit both you and Frank. than maybe you guys could come this way.

Ken

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back