Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Flasher problem

Johnny

Using Rebel Wire harness. Using aftermarket turn signal kit that just straps onto steering column. Everything works fine except flasher clicks all the time, as soon as key is turned on. I still have one wire left(emergency flash) unhooked. I am thinking that is the problem. I'm just not sure where it is suppose to go. Can anyone help with this????

If not, I guess I'll go back to the drawing board. I'm just happy there was no sparking and arcing or smoke when I hooked the battery up!

Thanks

It's the brown wire marked hazard lights. Forgot to say that. Surely, someone here has used the Rebel Wire Kit.

HELP!!!!!

The flasher relay is powered up all the time. It should only power up when you move the stalk "left" or "right". There are switch contacts being bypassed somewhere in there, look for a set open with the stalk centred and closed with the stalk left or right.

Using the 5007R turn signal switch. It has 7 wires. It also shows a 3 prong flasher, but mine is a 2 prong flasher. I read somewhere on line to connect the #7 and #6 wires together and then to the turn signal flasher. Turn signals, brake lights all work correctly, but when switch is centered, flasher keeps clicking and the red hazard light on switch flashes. I'm thinking one of those wires needs to be connected to the brown hazard light wire from the harness.
Don't know for sure.

Is this the correct wires and colors?
A5007R%2520Wiring.jpg

The flasher clicks all the time, right? If you activate the hazard knob, do the car lights all flash correctly?

Okay, here is what is going on. Hazard lights will not work with key off. They should work without key on. Turn key on, flasher constantly clicks and hazard light on turn signal switch blinks with flasher click. Signal lights work correctly, and all four lights flash when hazard button is pulled out. So, the problem is in the hazard lights wiring. Right?

I think you should call Rebel. Their fuse block has two flashers, one is for turns and one is for hazard. But how their harness connects to the switch is a mystery. And the switch could be bad.

Do you have the Rebel harness instructions? Is there a wiring diagram? I'd like to see it.

Called Rebel and he gave me a suggestion tor try. Have not had time to work on it due to this goofy thing called a job. I'll try his suggestion and let you know. Also, you are right about the switch. Could be bad.

Well, I just clipped the blue wire. Signals work, flasher is not clicking all the time, hazard lights don't work. Never use em anyway! Works for me.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back