Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Flex-A-Lite Great Customer Service

Indycars

Just wanted to pass along a great experience I had with the Flex-A-Lite company.

I bought a Flex-a-Lite #31163 variable speed fan controller to go with their fan #118,
2500 CFM. I've suspected I had a problem with it but since I've done all my testing for
the electrical system with a small 12 volt power supply, I wanted to wait until I could
connect the battery to see how the fan operated then. I was hoping it might have been
because of the limited current capabilities of the power supply being only a few amps.

The problem is, the fan comes on after it correctly waits for 6 seconds from the key
on event , but then it powers on the fan and never shuts it off when the engine is at
ambient temperature. I called their tech support and got Dave. He asked me to
disconnect the sensor and try it one wire at a time. If the fan runs, then one of the
wires is grounded. I suggested that the wires going to the sensor were way too small
and he completely agreed. They are very small and fragile, maybe 24 AWG.

Upon further conversation ( he didn't try to rush the conversation), he decided to just
send me another controller and not mess around and waste our time. They charge $197
and Summit gets $170.

The completed controller kit showed up last night, not just the main box. Wow
what great customer service!!!

FP05_FlexALiteFanController_31163.jpg

It's not the first positive experience I've had with them. When trying to figure
out which fan would fit in my very limited space, I sent the guy a drawing. He
spent time figuring out with me on the phone what would work. Then several
emails on my part with follow up questions that were answered usually within
12-18 hours.

They've always had good folks there at Flexalite, also at CE, Competiton Cams, Lunati, RHS, B&M, RPM, Spirit, ....frequent these fine folks....if you have a good, positive experience, pass it on Weed out the good from the bad. Spending $400+ with someone that acts like a ass should be avoided....at all costs.....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back