Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

FNG From Houston area

SPD500

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey everyone , I am the latest new guy and will be hanging around reading all of the old posts trying to find info for my latest project . Hopefully I can b of help in some areas to the members here , I have lots of past experience in almost anything auto or boat related . I am an Industrial Quality Control Inspector in the petrochemical industry and have lots of experience in weld inspection and know a lot about industrial equipment and design . I have been playing with anything motorized since I was a kid and have a fair amount of useful knowledge in that area as well . What I am lacking is the experience with starting from scratch and building an entire car . I am looking forward to the challenge and cant wait to get started , but am still in the research phase of this adventure . Please excuse any dumb questions I might come up with , I do usually try to search for information before posting a new thread .

Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma!

Your experience will fit right in and be useful when building a TBucket.

Thanks guys . Is there a way to put the settings on here where it gives you a notification if someone posts on something you posted on or replies to your post ? I looked in the settings and didn't see anything .

Mouse over your profile name (Indycars) and then click on "Alert Preferences", but you are most likely by default receiving alerts that show up as a red number on top of the "Alerts" text.

Preferences.JPG

Which part of Houston do you live???

I think to get the you have to click on the little deal at the top to follow the thread . I am up in Crosby , Northeast of Houston, and I work at the 5 Occidental plants off of Hwy 225

I worked for Kellogg back in 1980-82 in rotating equipment. Met my wife
there and my sister still lives there near Westheimer and Dairy Ashford.
But I was born and raised in Oklahoma.

I was actually born and raised in Montana , but the economy here brought us down in the late 70s during the oil boom . I always say that when I retire I am getting out of here , but I doubt my wife is going to be willing to leave .

Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois.

Thanks everyone . I am currently reading all of the build threads and checking out everyone's rides , there are some really nice projects on here . I am also kinda looking to find the information on what body I will be wanting to go with . I see that a lot of guys suggest that you get the body before building the frame , but I really don't have the space in my shop to have the body sitting there while building the frame . I plan on using the Youngster's frame plans for the frame , but was thinking about widening it a little bit because I read that it can be difficult to fit the starter and alternator with the narrow dimensions in the original plans . But then I also see where a couple guys had problems with the CCR frame being too wide and having to channel the body sides to get it to work out . I am thinking I will hopefully settle on a body and get measurements from the manufacturer to get started . I really wish some of the vendors would have a shipping calculator on their sites so I could get an idea of what it will cost to get the body from various vendors . I am also going to be trying to find out just what percentage of the car needs to be bought from them to be able to qualify for the MSO instead of jumping through hoops to title it later . I guess I am just getting started and have a lot of reading to do still .

Welcome from New Hampshire. Good luck with the build and keep us posted with progress pictures for sure.

If the frame is too wide, it is going to impossible to channel the body. Unless, you widen the body. Remember, channeling is with the body over and covering the frame sides.

wider-frame-jpg.11150

Here is a pic from another thread showing how they had to adjust the channeling into the sides of the body because the frame was too wide at the firewall . This is what I am talking about .

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back