Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford Flathead

TexasT

Hi Guys, Im lookin for a good rebuildable flathead ford. If anyone knows anyone at a reasonable price. Thanks guys.

Hi Guys, Im lookin for a good rebuildable flathead ford. If anyone knows anyone at a reasonable price. Thanks guys.
Where are you located?

Check your local Craigs list. There are always some on there.

Ron

That's not a bad price around here for one if it's what he says it is.

Ron

Always a clown in the bunch, but thanks to all the guys with the helpful info. Not much here on Craigslist, one on there for 1800.00 and the guys isn't even sure the condition

Scarcer than hens teeth around here. The good ones are gone and the ones that you can find, well there's are reason why they've been picked over. I'm thinking that I'll try a nice Y'block on the next one as you can get some parts, but you can still get a good running motor that isn't all cracked. "Good, rebuildable, flathead" is damn near an impossible these days. Think of how many decent flatties were junked in the 60's and 70's when they weren't worth anything!

As I recall Ford Flatties were prone to cracking in the center exhaust ports. That would be something to look for and protect youself if cracks were found after disassembly.

I would ask the seller to gurantee the block not be cracked. How? By writing an agreement that says you have thirty days to have the block inspected and Magnafluxed. If it's cracked, the seller refunds your money and pays for the inspection and all costs associated with collection of the refund. If the seller won't do that, you can take your chances or look elsewhere.

Of course if I were the seller, I'd tell you to F.O. Or, I'd have the block Magnafluxed, raise the price another five-hundred and provide the inspection report..... might as well Mag the crank too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back