Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

frame and body concern

chad h

Hey guys I'm new to T- buckets and I will be starting to build my first one shortly, but i have a question. I am about to get my hands on a 1923 style frame but i want to build a 1927 roadster. Now I have done a bit of research and i know the frames for the 23 and the 27 are a bit different. I think the 27 is 20 inches longer then the 23 and it tapers down in the back while the 23 is a straight frame. so my question is is will i be able to fit the body on the frame with relative easy or is it a complete fab project the i would be cutting and welding and drilling.

I'm guessing (don't know from personal experience) that you will not be able to get the necessary wheelbase for the 27 body with a 23 frame unless you extend the 23 frame.

Hey guys thanks for the help. I just got in touch with a store and it looks like if I go the 27 route I need to extend the frame 23 inches so I will probably just stick to a 23 t bucket with a turtle deck instead of the bed but thanks anyways

if you are talking stock frames for a T hotrod, this is a whole different discussion. stock T frame vs v8 power = bad idea:confused:

cool!:cool:

i just bought what the owner said was a 27 body and frame now i wonder the fram from tip to tip is 100 inches its a ford frame could it be a 23 not a 27
john

thanks don i will it seems i need to rake up 10 posts in order to put the picture from photobucket on ill try and get to that by tue. i know its an orig. frame has the center crossmember rivited in ill get some pictures up asap thanks again
john

thanks don i will it seems i need to rake up 10 posts in order to put the picture from photobucket on ill try and get to that by tue. i know its an orig. frame has the center crossmember rivited in ill get some pictures up asap thanks again
john
the very front is 27' and the firewall area is 30,the rear part at the cross member is 39
thanks for any help

012-5.jpg

one more thing the front end sitting on frame is only 45 1/2 center to center pin ill get some better picture in the morning

Yep, 27 rpu body and shortened bed. Good condition, from the looks of them. The frame is another matter. Is that C channel for the siderails or has it been inset boxed ? Hard to tell from the pictures.

That picture is a good start, just take more from every angle and we can get a better idea.

Don

Yep, 27 rpu body and shortened bed. Good condition, from the looks of them. The frame is another matter. Is that C channel for the siderails or has it been inset boxed ? Hard to tell from the pictures.

That picture is a good start, just take more from every angle and we can get a better idea.

Don
looks like it might be an original unboxed model A Ford frame from an old hot rod build.

looks like it might be an original unboxed model A Ford frame from an old hot rod build.

I don't think so, it doesn't have enough taper going toward the front. The rail look pretty straight all the way up to the front tires. But without better pictures we can't be sure what you have there.

Don

the very front is 27' and the firewall area is 30,the rear part at the cross member is 39
thanks for any help

012-5.jpg
Oh my!!!!! WHAT a start for a sweet Hot Rod!
I'm totally jealous...and wondering if it has history behind it.
In my hands that would be built as a traditional Lakes Mod.
Awesome.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back