Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame idea

vistin

Has anyone built their T frame with no rear kick up. I built a T way back in (as my son kids me) in the stone age and didn't use a kick up. It was straight.
I used mod A springs front and rear. Then in the early Eighty's I built another T with kick up and coil over shocks in rear and leaf spring in front.
I kinda think the straight frame would be nostalgic.
ANY PIXS of your frame ideas would be appreciated
vistin

This one had a straight frame rail configuration. The rails were a pair of Model A side rails, unboxed, and used an A rear crossmember and high arch spring. The axle housings were swapped side for side on the early Ford rear end. That left a very clean appearance for the rear of the car with the body rolling under with nothing hanging out.

This was in 1959 and if you had of said boxing to a hotrodder in those days, he would have thought you were talking about fighting.:lol:

RodCustom-LarrysCar-2.jpg

vistin said:
Has anyone built their T frame with no rear kick up. I built a T way back in (as my son kids me) in the stone age and didn't use a kick up. It was straight.
I used mod A springs front and rear. Then in the early Eighty's I built another T with kick up and coil over shocks in rear and leaf spring in front.
I kinda think the straight frame would be nostalgic.
ANY PIXS of your frame ideas would be appreciated
vistin

I'm pretty sure this one has a striaght frame under it .

102_0798.jpg

Rotten's C Cab build - frame

if you're going to go this way Georges example is for sure the way to go. that car could be described in one word, COOL! GT's post has some redeming things about it too. the body is steel as is the p/u box, i never cared for an unchaneled body, but that's just my opinion. the black T behind it peaks my attention. a low buck approach for sure, but nicely done. looks like a flathead I6. very cool!

Ron

Nice car I wish there were more pics of this car i've been looking for years.

Youngster said:
... the black T behind it peaks my attention. a low buck approach for sure, but nicely done. looks like a flathead I6. very cool!

Ron

Believe it was an old Bird body/chassis with Rambler flathead 6.
HPIM1247.JPG

HPIM1407.JPG

Rick: Are you talking about the"moonshiner T" If so I picked an old mag up at Columbus with a whole see through drawing of the car and the frame. I'll get some help here and post it. Mickey Himsel owned it . Butch

GAB said:
This one had a straight frame rail configuration. ...This was in 1959 ...:lol:

RodCustom-LarrysCar-2.jpg

Hey, George,
I've been an admirer of the Larry Ryan T-bucket since first seeing it in Nov. '61 R&C. Was impressed that it was built by a teen on a relatively modest budget at the time and really had a great, finished look. Sounds like you're somewhat familiar with it and I'd be interested in knowing how he handled the fuel tank location and any other build info you'd care to pass along. Also, was the wheelbase really 88"? Sure looks stubby, but the article said it turned 109 mph in 12 sec's. Must have been a wild ride.:razz:

that could be. the one Bird i worked on had a simular front end set up. just a clean basic T. very cool

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back