Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame strength

Twistedinjun

I'm looking at building a T here this year. Looking at running a blown or turbocharged sbc. Want to be making around 800-1,000hp. Was wondering who makes the best T Bucket frames. I'm really looking at a Ron Pope set up. I like the 4 link rear suspension that he runs.

All of the sponsors here can give you what you want. Torque numbers will probably be more important than HP for your decision.

Ron built the frame under my car it is 2x3x.250 it was built originally built as a drag car with a blown sbc it is STRONG. Spirit can build the same thing so just take your pick

We can build that, no problem. There is a big difference between a hot rod 4 bar and a drag race 4 link. You will definitely want the drag race style 4 link in that car. BIG BIG difference in how the suspensions work and how they will hook up. Look under a Pro Mod, or Pro Stock car.

We can build that, no problem. There is a big difference between a hot rod 4 bar and a drag race 4 link. You will definitely want the drag race style 4 link in that car. BIG BIG difference in how the suspensions work and how they will hook up. Look under a Pro Mod, or Pro Stock car.

Far too many guys think that the terms can interchange. There is a vast difference between a four "bar" and a four "link". As you said, Ron, a four link can be set to really hook up.

Jim

Pete and jakes has a heavy duty 4 bar that will handle the Horsepower just fine. Also most people think there is a difference between 4 bar and 4 link in the hot rod world but just call and talk to jerry over at pete and jakes and he will tell you a story about that. He said he has many customers that have used there heavy duty 4 bar for drag racing and high horsepower cars with no issue at all. Matter of fact we used their heavy duty triangulated 4 bar in a '34 coupe that our customer in Canada uses for the drag strip and here is the picture of him running down the strip and that was 3 years ago and he is still running strong

1236853_681483235214307_249678997_n.jpg

Whomever you choose as a provider for your frame, do the research into them. Although it is not a requirement for a business to be a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) there is information there if any complaints were filed. Make an informed decision.

I respect and honor Jerry's word over at Pete and Jakes. He has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff more than most in the industry. That is why we gladly purchase all of their American made products instead of using other vendors and manufacturers that source them outside America.

Whomever you choose as a provider for your frame, do the research into them. Although it is not a requirement for a business to be a member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) there is information there if any complaints were filed. Make an informed decision.
Not to be arguementive or disagreeable, I just want to say that yes, the bbb does have complaints, etc published, but they are very much on the side of the business. They favor the business in any dispute, if the business offers a token resolve that's not acceptable to the consumer, and that's exactly what they do, the bbb closes the complaint and states that the vendor offered a resolution and infers that the consumer was unreasonable, then the consumer has to start the process over, with the same anticipated result, what a pain. I have had several experiences with them. They are paid by the business, and that it where their loyalty is. I'm not a fan. I personally have more faith in word of mouth from people who have done business with the company. If there are many complaints, etc on the bbb, that company is horrible, most likely.

Quote whomever you wish but to the best of my knowledge, a triangulated 4-bar suspension is NOT a dedicated drag race suspension . It may be tuned to perform admirabley , but not as well as a drag-style 4-link .
dave

I know this is a silly question, but why do you want 1000 BHP in a Bucket. Just askin, that's all.

Not to be arguementive or disagreeable, I just want to say that yes, the bbb does have complaints, etc published, but they are very much on the side of the business. They favor the business in any dispute, if the business offers a token resolve that's not acceptable to the consumer, and that's exactly what they do, the bbb closes the complaint and states that the vendor offered a resolution and infers that the consumer was unreasonable, then the consumer has to start the process over, with the same anticipated result, what a pain. I have had several experiences with them. They are paid by the business, and that it where their loyalty is. I'm not a fan. I personally have more faith in word of mouth from people who have done business with the company. If there are many complaints, etc on the bbb, that company is horrible, most likely.
I agree 100%, your last sentence says it all ;)

I have always wanted a fast and nasty t. I've had lot's of drag cars in the past. Really would like a T now. Also I talk with Andy Fadster every once in awhile. And he has done a lot with his. That's where I had actually came up eith the name Twistedinjun. His car is the Twister. I'm Cherokee, so I thought I would play on the two names. Kinda like krazy indian.

Reactions: RPM
Our original plans when I first meet Ron was a 1 to 1 power to weight ratio. But now backing off a little. Who knows might even drop it a little more. But want to have a strong chassis for sure.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back