Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Frame

If i were to purchase frames from you would they come with certificates of origin or a bill of sale or just a receipt?
Or is it just easier for you on paperwork if I buy the pieces and weld it together myself and save you on the paperwork? ;)
I talked to you a week or so ago about the steering box setup and witch was a better setup for me and I find myself curious about what setup you used on your bucket.
I know I ask alot of stupid questions on this site but I spend as much time doing research as I do building on all my projects to help save me time on the trail and error process. This site is the only site I have found to contain that old school knowledge, with all the great builders on here I find no need to look any further.

I sell mine with a bill of sale / receipt.

Ron

Our frames just like any other part we sell comes with a receipt. All the state DOT and tag office wants is proof you paid sales tax. If you are building these cars for a living and going to resell them. Maybe you don't have to pay tax till the car is sold and then get a title in the new owners name. It all varies from state to state. If it is a one time deal and just a hobby you will pay sales tax on all the parts. Either to the person you bought them from or to the tag office when you go for a title. They will also want serial numbers off the engine and maybe the trans to run to check for stolen parts.

Our frames just like any other part we sell comes with a receipt. All the state DOT and tag office wants is proof you paid sales tax. If you are building these cars for a living and going to resell them. Maybe you don't have to pay tax till the car is sold and then get a title in the new owners name. It all varies from state to state. If it is a one time deal and just a hobby you will pay sales tax on all the parts. Either to the person you bought them from or to the tag office when you go for a title. They will also want serial numbers off the engine and maybe the trans to run to check for stolen parts.
As I found out the requirements are for an mso on the body only, I was told differently by the dmv, sorry. As far as building them for a living, (lol), Lets just say I like to eat food and have a roof above me. I think I will put one together first as a kit buying most parts from you and then get the build instructions in order before I do a sale of any kind. If any do sell at that point I might be cheaper on everyone to drop ship the items to the buyer except for the items I will stock and/or do a quality check on certain things before sending to buyer. Your items speak for themselves so I have no worries there. Gathering parts from other suppliers and knowing they have them in stock and not on backorder is a different story. Workin on it, but takes alot of time as you probably already know.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back