Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel bung

Keeper

Ron,

What do you use for the bung at the bottom of the tank?

When I measured I did not take into account the body......so I now have a bung sitting on top of the frame, and now I have to move it. Luckily I have not put any fuel in it so I can weld on it without any issue.

Ron,

What do you use for the bung at the bottom of the tank?

When I measured I did not take into account the body......so I now have a bung sitting on top of the frame, and now I have to move it. Luckily I have not put any fuel in it so I can weld on it without any issue.
Send it back and Ron will move it to anyplace you want.

I really like drawing fuel from the top of the tank, this is not a race car, you will be getting way too much junk in the tank, with your gas from many dirty supply tanks along the way... So a hard tube down to within 1/2" from the bottom will work great, like factory tanks use... plus no leaks at the bottom of your tank... Just me here. :) PS, What happened to that cheap shipping Co. ??? a whole car shipped for twice the money, there a bouts??

The shipping issue was UPS.

UP here they have "brokerage" fees. Its so bad there is a class action suit in the works.

So shipping to Ontario on RPM's side was $62. I can understand that as its a big tank,

Now once it hits the border, thats where UPS has us by the short hairs, they have "duty" "HST of 13% (sales tax)" and then UPS has a "brokerage" fee for them to stamp the paperwork.

So then they show up at the door had you a $115 bill and will not release the package until you pay......

This is why we hate UPS.

Do you have enough room to simply put spacers under the tank to raise it high enough that the bung no longer hits the frame, and then make a down tube to draw the fuel from the top?

Yeah I might after I make the bed. I am going to wait on modifying the tank any until I get the bed itself sorted out.
Just cut the nipple off as high as you need to and plug with a flush socket head plug, then add another bung where needed.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back