Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel pump and line clearance

Rattee

So I currently have spent way to much time setting up my fuel pump now I’m worried about the rock with the rubber motor mounts you think I’ll be ok? B7EED9F3-65B9-4F02-BD83-B12D48EABF16.jpeg

Can you 'clock' the pump? Move it one screw hole towards the engine or spin it 180? You just have to redo the hard line to the carb(s) and adjust the rubber hose side too. That's Hot Rodding!! Leave it BUT keep an eye on it.

Looks pretty good. I doubt it will move that much. You could go under and around the front or go with braided line... I like the hard line setup, personally.

The line that has a 180° turn and then goes vertical. I would wrap it with some insulation, the header looks pretty close and will transmit considerable heat to the fuel line.

I just noticed the input line... is that your concern?
I was thinking the same thing. But it's the output from the pump, same line I reference in my post directly above.
It's so short, no room for flexing.

You could try a different fitting out of the pump... like a 45*, 90*, or banjo, if you can source it. That way the line would be exiting in the general direction you need without having to put that bend in it, that’s taking up so much real estate.

I have tried every bolt witch way to clock the pump this was my last resort. My only worry is flex with the rubber mounts. If I have to I’ll hard mount the motor and trans.
The line that has a 180° turn and then goes vertical. I would wrap it with some insulation, the header looks pretty close and will transmit considerable heat to the fuel line.

I was thinking the same thing. But it's the output from the pump, same line I reference in my post directly above.
It's so short, no room for flexing.
The input has room I’m not 100% sure that I need the rubber lm not against changing it up.

In general, I think you have it in good shape. The heat probably won’t be an issue in an open bay engine compartment, everything else looks good. My comment about having a soft line on the input was based on long term stress from vibration and flexing, as the engine and chassis are sort of independent and can move. It may never be an issue. It could cause a vibration noise, but it’s a easy fix if that time comes. Nice job!

You could try a different fitting out of the pump... like a 45*, 90*, or banjo, if you can source it. That way the line would be exiting in the general direction you need without having to put that bend in it, that’s taking up so much real estate.
In general, I think you have it in good shape. The heat probably won’t be an issue in an open bay engine compartment, everything else looks good. My comment about having a soft line on the input was based on long term stress from vibration and flexing, as the engine and chassis are sort of independent and can move. It may never be an issue. It could cause a vibration noise, but it’s an easy fix if that time comes. Nice job!
Thank you! I appreciate everyone’s input. This is all new to me as far as a full build. I like to do my own thing. At times it works out and at times I learn.

Thank you! I appreciate everyone’s input. This is all new to me as far as a full build. I like to do my own thing. At times it works out and at times I learn.
I clocked my Fuel Pump About 180 degrees by taking the screws out of the split line. Then run a rubber line (hose) looped from the Hard line from the tank back to the inlet of the pump. Three o'clock position. Then run a Hose ( or hard line) to the carb of metal fuel filter at the manifold. The outlet is at the 1:30 or 2: o'clock position. I have polyurethane motor mounts from Speedway. They keep the mounts from sagging and the pump from hitting the frame.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump T Bucket 7-9-17.jpg
    Fuel Pump T Bucket 7-9-17.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 17

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back