Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel pump

VroomKrazy

How do you tell if your mechanical fuel pump is going? Yesterday when i got the bucket home it was runnig ruff at idel. nothing has change not sure what caused this. So I change the coil pack to see if that would help, no change. Took the fuel line going to the carb off at the fuel pump and I had a small stream of gas coming out of the fuel pump, shouldn't the gas be coming out there?

Thanks for the help

Vroomkrazy

Do you have a fuel filter between the tank and pump?? If so, check it..

problem fixed

It was not the fuel pump or the filters. It was the pvc line. I replaced it and it runs great. I was thinking about it today and remembered that when I was getting every thing working I had left the pvc line off and the car would not stay running so when I got home I checked it and that solved the problem.

Thanks for all the help

VroomKrazy

Re: problem fixed

VroomKrazy said:
It was not the fuel pump or the filters. It was the pvc line. I replaced it and it runs great. I was thinking about it today and remembered that when I was getting every thing working I had left the pvc line off and the car would not stay running so when I got home I checked it and that solved the problem.

Thanks for all the help

VroomKrazy

I'll bet it quit running warm on the highway.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back