Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got a ? about tires

streetmaster

Got a ? about tires for my T-Bucket plans. Can you run the same size tire in the front and the rear? I have a brand new set of P275/60/15's that i purchaced for another project but never use them. There just sitting in my gorage waiting for another project. I guess the biggest reason im asken is, i was'nt sure if a tire 10" wide would rubb on anything in the front. Or if the same size tire would look to small on the back. :)

With same size tires all the way around, go for a super modified theme with a real low stance and a BIG wing on the top!

Well, you asked, so I have to be honest. You COULD run them, but they are going to look like h***. Hot rods need the big and little look to give them the proper appearance, and big tires on the front just don't do that. Tires play a very important role in the overall theme of a hot rod, more than just something to roll around on.

Sorry, but I can't lie to you. :):)

Don

donsrods said:
Well, you asked, so I have to be honest. You COULD run them, but they are going to look like h***. Hot rods need the big and little look to give them the proper appearance, and big tires on the front just don't do that. Tires play a very important role in the overall theme of a hot rod, more than just something to roll around on.

Sorry, but I can't lie to you. :):)

Don

You could run the 275's on the back and maybe a set of 145's on the front. :lol:

donsrods said:

Sorry, but I can't lie to you. :lol::)

Don
I guess this brings a hole new meaning to getting tared and featherd, LOL cant argue with you there. Point well taken :)

donsrods said:
...Hot rods need the big and little look to give them the proper appearance...

Don

Agreed... but keep in mind that doesn't necessarily mean skinny tires up front and big steam rollers in the rear... just means in the classic sense, slightly wider and taller tires in the rear, and more normal sized tires up front work fine for that "right stance" as well...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back