Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

got bored, whipped up these hairpin brackets, not that they would really work ..

but they look cool :lol:

attachment.php

Set it up as a column drop!

On a scratch built column, I use 1 3/4" or 2" exhaust tubing. As for the length of the drop, 4" or 5" should do it. I also use a triangulated mount off the firewall so this would be mostly cosmetic, although you could mount the hi-beam indicator light in the hole in the center of the '8'.

That will make a cool column drop.

If you decide to make a column drop, let me know. You'll have your first customer.:lol:

There you go Lowrollercevy, you've already got your first customer!

ok, so i played wit it a bit, and came up w/ a basic idea for making it as a column drop

i went back to the unstretched design and resized it, then added a tab at the bottom (could also be done as a full warp ring also)

in the image below, the idea is the ring around the column is seperate, and said ring is welded to the column housing

the ring and the bracket shown both get 3 holes drilled, and they bolt together for easy removal if need be

and i could probably have these laser cut for a decent price

attachment.php

Could you make the tops of the "V" a little longer to attach to the dash and the lower portion a 1 3/4" circle with the lower half of the circle removable?

I liked the longer arms on the V with the holes in them to screw it to the dash or a support bar. Sorry...JMHO.

I like it. :)

So.... about how much would that cost?

ill have to send the design to the company that does our laser cutting at work ad see what they say

in the mean time, you have a pattern in your PM's to cut out and do a fit check with :)

Lowrollerchevy said:
ill have to send the design to the company that does our laser cutting at work ad see what they say

in the mean time, you have a pattern in your PM's to cut out and do a fit check with :)

I'll have to wait till I get to work to print it, but I'm on it. I hope it will work. It'll be a nice addition to my interior.

Someones doing some MASSIVE brain storming. I like it too!

Lowroller, I cut out the pattern and checked it for fit and it should work. The lower edge of my dash has a slight angle coming from the center and going towards the side panel. I would have to come up with a way for it to line up with the column, heck it may work anyway. I know if I had it in my hands, I could figure something out.

Keep us updated on what you figure one would cost.

well i sent in my price quote request today. initial run of 10 pieces, revamped the clamp design some and requested them in simple carbon steel sheet. this way whoever buys them can easily mod them to their liking.

hopefully noone wants them in stainless or aluminium quite yet :razz:

hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday ill get a response back and i can go from there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back