Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

got bored, whipped up these hairpin brackets, not that they would really work ..

Just a thought.
Why not instead of bending the tabs down around the column instead make the bracket out of 1/4 plate and around the column make a lap joint 1/8 on top 1/8 on the bottom then drill and tap for a 1/4 28 button head allen bolt would be a nice and clean install.

There will probably be as many way to mount it to the column as there are people using them. I think I'll wait and let it tell me what it needs.

Ron

Youngster said:
On a scratch built column, I use 1 3/4" or 2" exhaust tubing. As for the length of the drop, 4" or 5" should do it. I also use a triangulated mount off the firewall so this would be mostly cosmetic, although you could mount the hi-beam indicator light in the hole in the center of the '8'.

Youngster, I find the idea of a scatch built column very interesting. Steve sent me a good description of the build, but me being dumb as a sack of hammers, I almost need a good diagram to figure this one out. Do you know of any drawings?

This is something I can pull off indoors while its still -30 out

ugh, still waiting for the original quoute request to come back .... but now ive got 5 more companies that are going to quote the parts for me :)

its taking longer to get a quote then it took me to design the original part, lol

im thinking of becoming a site sponsor here, because i have a few more ideas for parts ....

Lowrollerchevy said:
theres a few other things these would work as too, i just gotta work my way up to that point :D

If you made them, a little bigger, thinner and not with the column hoop, one would look GREAT mounted to a grill insert.:)

Lowrollerchevy said:
ugh, still waiting for the original quote request to come back .... but now ive got 5 more companies that are going to quote the parts for me :lol:

its taking longer to get a quote then it took me to design the original part, lol

im thinking of becoming a site sponsor here, because i have a few more ideas for parts ....

If you like I can give you a price for low quanity plasma cut parts . We probably need to do at least 10. I'm not trying to solicit that type of work but it's a cool design and if we can help thats my goal with the offer.

might take you up on that in the future, not sure if it will be on this though

and now for some humor.... one of the quotes i got from a company:

10 pieces - 70.00 USD each - 700.00 USD total
20 pieces - 58.00 USD each - 1,160.00 USD total

and those 20 pieces would weigh about 6 pounds, so thats $195 / lb, lol

they better come gold plated at that price, its not like i tossed them a crayon drawing and asked them to "draw that with their laser thingie"

luckily the other quote looks way better :lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back