Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Got it figured out

jbisme

After my scare where I thought my 1990 F150 was done for, I got to looking at the boat-car project and decided I didn't like the direction it was going. Well, I've been doing sketches ever since and here is the result. (This is just a cut and paste job and not exactly to scale.) My apologies to whomever's T-bucket I butchered in making this picture. :eek:

newboatcar3.jpg

I have only one thing left undecided. I'm going to use bucket seats. Should there be a wall dividing the front compartment from the back? Or should it be built like a tub? I'm leaning towards making it one big tub. As you can see I'm keeping the idea of a pointy boat front with the 33 Chevy Master fenders. There will probably be fenders over the back wheels with no running boards. I've kept the idea that it will seat 4 people. It will be a little narrower than the boat-car plans and about 3 feet shorter. The body will be steel. The engine cowl and fenders will be one fiberglass unit.

I'm putting off the actual build until March; I need to get one more iron out of my fire first. Maybe in early 2011, it'll be road worthy... and even then, never finished.

Ahhhhhhhhh, you been watchin too many Red-Green replays......:eek: LOL "BH"

No duct tape has been used in creating this picture. :lol:

Again, the picture above is only a sketch.

There was many things I liked about the direction of boat-car, but it was too long and wide. This will be closer to a Model T Touring car in body, and still have the pointed front I want. Obviously the color scheme is to be determined later.

There are many things I like about T-buckets, but my wife and I decided it needs to seat 4. I also wanted the engine covered, which would make it a Track-T, but my engine is too big for that. Therefore, the new plan looks a little like that picture.

There's still a whole bunch of stuff still to be determined. Like how tall it will set. I prefer tall vehicles, my wife would prefer it to set closer to the ground. The actual length of the vehicle is still up in the air. The width was cut from 60 inches to 48, but all I'm certain of is the length will be about 3 feet shorter, it may end up 4 feet shorter. My wife would prefer an automatic transmission, but I want a 5 speed manual. Then there is minor stuff like what color to paint it.

I'm taking the approach of get a solid idea, build it starting in March, and let the rest come together later.

Mike,
I hope you come back to this thread and tell us more about those pictures. It's well done, but I don't see wheels in the pics, so is it a car? How do you get in it without scuffing up the paint? Great paint job too!

I have no clue about the car, actually I don't like looking at it because it gets my stomach upset. All I know is it does drive. Since the dawn of hot rodding people have taken cars, cut the middle out and shortened them, I like customizine just like anybody but the time it took to make it out of steel (At leads to me) is a waste of time. The car was made by an artist that does sculpture with hot rods (I think).

I look it it this way: Time is important and i'm a firm believer in focus and that's where most people mess up because they just spin there wheels. As much as I hate that car I give the guy a ton of credit because he started a project most people would of gave up on after the "coolness" of the idea wore off, but he actually finished it. That in itself is a rare occurance in hot rodding. Practicle.......No Way!!!! Fun????? Maybe!!! I'll focus my time and energy building my bucket and I won't spend much money because that's also what i'm focused on doing, I just don't have the energy to devote time to stuff like this. A normal bucket takes enough time as it is.

I posted the photo because I thought it was a little different and some folks really like stuff like that.....When I noticed you want to put the SS Minnow on your bucket and then make it a limo I just had to post this.:)

Wish I had more info on it but i found it on google one time and just saved it for moments like this.

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back