Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

heater hose ideas

VroomKrazy

I have a 302 ford engine and on the water pump there are 2 hose connections on the water pump. The top one I think goes to the water neck for a bypass and the lower would go to the heater. I need the plug this port and need ideas. The connections are pressed in to the pump.

This is my current solution. Not Cool!
IMG_0676.jpg

Thanks for any and all ideas.

VroomKrazy

On the 302 in my '27, I pulled the lower one out and tapped it for a flush plug. Looks great and in super clean looking.

They do make rubber caps think vacuum caps,large enough for them i did this on a mopar better looking than hose buy not as pretty as a freeze plugs.

I would drill and tap and insert a plug. It will look better and last longer than a rubber cap. I did both but after awhile the cap will go but the tapped plug will stay. Just my 2 cents.....

BlownT that is not a option. I think tapping and pluging the port is the best option. Thanks for the suggestions.

VroomKrazy

JB Weld them :wall: is the pump aluminum? If so I can get taps for that. We could cut out the hose barbs and then tap them out. Either way it could be done.

VroomKrazy said:
OldredT the pump is steel. Bring you jb weld over and we can fix it.

If you guys decide to TAP those ports with a TAPER pipe tap (NPT avail. any hardware store...) Be real carefull you don't TAP too deep. I suggest to go a few turns and stop and check the thread depth......But I'm sure you know that already. :eek: "BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back