Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Arkansas (need help identifying cowl)

onevette80

A couple months ago I came across a stash of old car parts and farming equiment on my families property. I plan on using whatever I can salvage to build myself a salt flat/rat/roadster/shop truck or something like that. BUT, im having problems identifying some of the stuff. Im pretty sure Ive got an early T frame and a T flathead 4. I've also got an old cowl but have no clue what it came out of! Im going to salvage as much as I can as these were my great grandpa's cars, and Im a sentimental guy....
IMGP0132.jpg

IMGP0133.jpg

IMGP0151.jpg

at first i thought the cowl was a dodge but that was a common style in the teen's and eary '20's. the frame is a T though. the rear spring and cross member are about the only useable parts there unless you are thinking an early '20's speedster.

Ron

onevette80,

If you're near Mountain View then come by and see me. And no, I promise I won't try to talk you out of that cowl!

George
870/269-3802

fluidfloyd said:
onevette80,

If you're near Mountain View then come by and see me. And no, I promise I won't try to talk you out of that cowl!

George
870/269-3802

Im in monticello. BUT, i have a buddy thats building a 66 mustang in mountain home. Ill be coming up to help him get started with the body/paint in a month or so.

My great grandpa used the engine and trany from a willys to build a saw mill. Is this a possible match for the cowl?

There is tons of sheet metal for quite a few different cars as well as 2 fairbanks moorse 1917 6 hp engines. We've already retrieved the engines and theyll be getting full restos too.

i believe the willys knight had more sculpting to the cowl. there were a lot of different cars offered in the teens and '20's. most of them didn't produce for more than a couple years. the government wasn't in the auto biz then. could be an early chev, buick or olds too. just not enough info. look for a manufacters tag on it.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back