Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Help me find a turn signal switch please

Joe-405

i am going nuts trying to remember who has the turn signal switch i want.

It is a small 1 piece unit, its aluminum, and i remember it having lights in the middle of the switches that lit up and they were the turn signal shapes.

I have the $50.00 toggle from ron francis but it looks ugly to me.

Joe I'm interested as well. I'm running a simple toggle switch between my legs under the seat...PITA

I have to have a dash mounted one. I have a roll cage and removable steering wheel

That being said i did find some for the dash, They can go in the indicator light holes and they flash and they are push button. They are a ron francis part also. $119.99

http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SS-3G

The front faces come in green, white, red, yellow, or blue with the proper color lettering
SS-3-Md.jpg

You might try and mount the column type switch vertically from behind the dash. If you check the attached picture you'll see the arm of the switch protruding below the dash to the left of the steering column.

Jim

I agree with chopping off the stupid arm. That thing is dangerous! It almost impaled my throat the other day when I bent down to look under the dash standing outside the bucket. I have wrapped it up and taped the end. How did you silicone the cup?

Well get a vaccuum cap assortment pack at the auto parts store cut the darn arm off to a couple of inches long get one of the big caps, squirt some black silicon up in the cap, push it on. Make sure the cap fits snug. Then just wipe off the excess....
Probably best to cut it off a little long then just trim it to your taste after you drive it some. I use a 3" cutoff wheel in a air grinder....

There's a aite that explains about how to build Hot Rods that I can't post the actual link to because I don't have enough posts yet - just trying to be of help - I have no interest in this outfit and it's a freebie. I don't want to add front turn signals to my T so I've modified their drawing to flash one of the headlights whether or not the headlights are on or not. If anyone wants to see how I did this just let me know and I'll post a wiring diagram. I mounted a long bat style toggle switch under my dash (hanging straight down) and I have a bright indicator bulb that tells me when I've forgotten to cancel it. You can even get a 12 volt timer relay that'll do that for you but they're quite expensive

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back