Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Help with old question :death wobble

I experienced the same problem with my T. Discovered that the right front wheel was out of balance due to a dent in the rim. I replaced both front wheels and added a steering stabilizer from So-Cal. No more wobble. Don't know if the new wheels alone would have solved the problem but I sure like the way the steering feels with the stabilizer. All things considered, the stabilzer is a great and low cost addition!!!

I'm having the wobble problem too.. errrr
I haven't tryed 1/8 toe out yet. I'm 1/8 toe in right now. My box had about a 1/2 of play in it. I fixed that and the wobble seemed to go away. But then
today I drove it and it was back again at around 40 mph if I hit a bunp or rut in the road. Not as bad as it was. If I slow down it goes away and if I speed up it goes away.

Does cross steer make a difference?
The other guys here with T's have cross steer and they've never gotten the wobble.
I should have gone that way. But I already have a corvair box.

Chris as I have said in the recent pass go the toe out route and enjoy you car if everything else is tight.............:whistling:

Mike

The math says that "in theory" toe in will cause wobble, toe out will not. Your mileage may vary.

Going to try toe out tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Rain rain go a way.
Do to rain, and a muddy alley. The test drive with toe out will be done tomorrow.

If I got my angles measured right I am at the 1/8th toe out my top speed so far 55mph on some pretty rough roads ,just taking it easy to 70mph ,, Yeah that wobble spooked me and I don't want that to happen @ 70 !

oino how does it drive?????????.............

Mike

oino how does it drive?????????.............

Mike

Sorry, Been busy.
The 1/8 toe out fixed it. Drive great. Little stiff on the steering from tighting up the corvair box. But no more wobble.
Plan on changing to rack & pinion this winter. See how that goes. :)

Thank you for the help.

If steering is tight make sure box is adjusted correctly over tightening can ruin it. Over tightening allen screw can cause not to go past center.Make sure box is centered when adjusting by counting total turns box has count back half then adjust at that point.

If steering is tight make sure box is adjusted correctly over tightening can ruin it. Over tightening allen screw can cause not to go past center.Make sure box is centered when adjusting by counting total turns box has count back half then adjust at that point.

oh crap. I may have adjusted it wrong.
I'll take it off tonight and redo it.

Thank you.

K, I did it again. Made sure it was centered then did the adjustments. Seems about the same.
Has a tight spot in the middle.

Think I'll just live with it for now. Before I know it winter will be here and then upgrade time. :)

Sounds like you got it working..

Oino that's great I am glad it worked...........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back