Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Heres Mine

An interesting project Hickory. We can't wait to see the finished product.

The great thing is, you can make fit your tastes. Good wrenching.

Jim

Hickory how is tis car titled in wisconsin they have different rules depending on how it is titled ?

Lookin good hickory wish I could find one like that (everything except the radiator shell looks like part of a ww2 tank) lookin foreward to seein the finished product :) ...Francis ps.... I bet it will look great.

hickory said:
Yep it's labor day and the T is home. :eek: Not in the garage yet! Soon I hope!! Where does a guy start?? :eek: That radiator, needs to go!! I hope you enjoy these pictures. Sincerely, Hickory

Congrats on getting it home. :) Ditch the radiator and fenders and its a good looking car. :cool:

I'd say you have the makings of a cool car, but then I'm a '27 lover. Is that a stationary in the garage?

Ron

Wow...love it. I have a few friends that are into those. I've been tempted several times but I have enough on my plate now. Do you have any others?

Ron

Each state may have a different termonology for assembled, i.e. homemade, home build, and etc. I wouldn't think there would be a problem if the vehicle has a title.

Jim

Youngster said:
Wow...love it. I have a few friends that are into those. I've been tempted several times but I have enough on my plate now. Do you have any others?

Ron
I have between 40 and 50 more. Here's a couple more for you Ron.

Trans 305.18 Bumpers. (1) (a) Every motor vehicle manufactured after September 1, 1972,

Trans 305.18 Bumpers. (1) (b) Every homemade or reconstructed motor vehicle registered after January 1, 1975, shall be equipped with front and rear bumpers which provide damage protection that is equivalent to that provided by the bumpers of vehicles manufactured for sale in the year the homemade or reconstructed vehicle is first registered.

Trans 305.20 Exhaust and air pollution control systems. (7) All air pollution control equipment required by the federal clean air act and its implementing regulations shall remain installed or be replaced with identical or comparable tested parts.

Trans 305.22 Fenders and projecting parts. (1) Every motor vehicle originally manufactured after January 1, 1950, every homemade vehicle registered after January 1, 1975, and every vehicle registered as a reconstructed vehicle after March 1, 1996 shall be equipped with adequate fenders covering the front and rear tires to prevent splashing of water and throwing of gravel, stones or other objects.

I think the key is to get an old title! :eek:

Augh*%_)*($.. The games they force us to play!!!!

Ron

Follow the rule and miss all the fun!!!!!

Congrats on the find! I thought the radiator was a Ben Franklin stove! If you get tired of it let me know... I;d take er' ( the car that is)

Q-4000 said:
love the horn on it!!!
Thanks! It's gotta go also. I looked at your ride and, I really like it. :razz: I also like you garage!! I'm thinking of building one in my back yard. I have limited space. Is yours separate from your house and if so what sizer is it? Thanks hickory

Re: Heres Mine, Part 2

Cold weather is fast approaching so I felt I had better get something done quick!! The big olds came out and my cruiser engine went in. Just sitting on the olds motor mounts. Because of fall clean up, I didn't get any time to work on the old girl. It may go until spring!! Later, hickory

Where the front springs weak that they also have coilovers?

putz said:
Where the front springs weak that they also have coilovers?
I really don't know. Do you think I could get by with just a simple set of shocks? It was a wreck when I picked it up, I haven't been able to drive it, so I don't know how it would handle. The Olds engine that was in it, was a big heavy thing, Maybe thats why they had the coil overs? Later, hickory

the front end on your car is way, way over built, IMHO. even for the roads in wisc. i'm going out on a limb here, OK. if you brought you '27 to my shop, anything and everything to do with that front axle would come off including the shock towers and the front cross member. there are just too many problem areas there to fix. the axle could probably be used along with the brakes. a pair of model a or '37 to '48 wish bones, a model a spring and a new cross member would make things a lot more servicable. i can walk you through through the set up if you decide to go this way. again, this is just my honest opinion.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back