Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hood or No Hood?

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I drew a hood on the car to see what it would look like. I've been tossing the idea around for a while and I am still undecided if I like it or not. I have to see how I can make it so it's easy to lift on/off and doesn't have any real offensive attachment hardware if I want to run with it off. Opinions? Experiences?

It is a great question, and I like your photo shopped hood, very talented artwork. However, I admit that my tastes prefer no hood. Yet, it is a question of personal preference. I'd almost suggest you try it and if you don't like it, well there :)

Oh boy, good question. I am a top hood guy, but I think track roadsters are the only T types that look best with hood. But, I do like the looks of the hooded car you show the best. Owner preference is all I can say.
Lee

Last edited:
I vote for a hood...but I'm biased. I REALLY want to do a hood just like you illustrated on mine...if it ever gets that far.

I drew a hood on the car to see what it would look like. I've been tossing the idea around for a while and I am still undecided if I like it or not. I have to see how I can make it so it's easy to lift on/off and doesn't have any real offensive attachment hardware if I want to run with it off. Opinions? Experiences?

I can honestly say that this is one of the few cars with a hood that I like!
The ONLY other one that I liked was one that had a hood, had the 2x4 intake with a scoop like yours, then was boxed in around the scoop slightly....

I think it looks nice. If you decide you don't like it I guess you could always take it off. Would you be making it out of steel, aluminum, or fiberglass or would you be buying one already made?

I like 'em either way. If you run the hood, shorten the sides an inch or so. Also how 'bout leather hold down straps?
Women can't resist leather hold down straps.

John

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back