Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Houston Texas Auto Rama Nov. 27-30

396 BB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Car shows. Got to love them. Well yesterday was move in day with my 28 truck. After we were thru setting up our display & wiping it down we had the chance to watch a few of the other cars roll in. Man times are changing . Or should I say mover hot rods, street rods , muscle cars , and just old restored classics . The rat rods are moving in a & making a statement . Although I'm showing my truck I am in the process of rebuilding my 23-T . So I was excited to see all the different T buckets . Whoa !!! A show of this size & I only found three of them . Man this is Houston Texas. The biggest state & one of the biggest shows. Where are all the T Buckets.

I met a husband and wife with his & hers 23T's. It was great talking with them & I'll take some pic's today & try to get them posted tonight. You guys have a happy thanksgiving & if any of you are in Houston come on out.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but rat rods don't do a thing for me. Most of them are POS in my opinion but all I can say is "to each their own" and "aint none of my money in 'em". IMHO

Jim

Check out the Headlight Bracket/Shock Mount and Copper Tubing Plumbing.His Fan Shroud is a drain pan. I didn't get a picture but the Radiator Grill says RUUD on it. After a while I recognized it as a home air condition unit grill. I like the Rat Rod Welding. Headlite Bracket.jpeg

Thanks for sharing guys. I actually like rat rods myself, but recognize that not all do. I have noticed that lots of people tend to stop and look at a rat rod at car shows. I am glad they are gaining in popularity, so thanks again for sharing the pics!

Check out the Headlight Bracket/Shock Mount and Copper Tubing Plumbing.His Fan Shroud is a drain pan. I didn't get a picture but the Radiator Grill says RUUD on it. After a while I recognized it as a home air condition unit grill. I like the Rat Rod Welding. View attachment 10641
A Pontiac motor huh? I like that...I have mixed feelings about Rats...I like them from one perspective, but it goes against the grain of what I grew up understanding hot rods to be with the finish and polish, etc...Pretty cool to just build something to run out of whatever you can piece together though. A lot less painful to find a parking spot too! Dents just add character to em.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I've found a few rat rods that were surprisingly well-designed and well-built.

As always I say SAFETY FIRST!! There has always been a few people that can take what they have and build something worthwhile, even if it doesn't LOOK the best in the world.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I've found a few rat rods that were surprisingly well-designed and well-built.

Around here we call those High End Rats. It is amazing how the crowds move to a RR when they pull in to a rod run. Some of them are pretty cool.
Lee

Around here we call those High End Rats. It is amazing how the crowds move to a RR when they pull in to a rod run. Some of them are pretty cool.
Lee

I like that term Choppedtop. I have envisioned my own car as an "almost rat" but "high end rat" sounds much more sophisticated (if the word "rat" and "sophistication" can be used in the same sentence!!).

Ok last day & there were only 3 T Buckets out of over 500 car & trucks. You guys tell my what you like @ I will try to get some pics.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back