Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

how are bears bodies

pappabear1973

Alright I have looked and looked. I can not find a supplier for the 1915 body style. So looking at suppliers for the 23 body style. Why is it almost everybody uses a 32 dash. Useless to me. I don't like. Lol. So I found bodies in eBay by bear that have a regular style dash molded in. Something I can customize. Has any one used a body by him. How are they. Thanks

I have one of Bear's bodies. The only real complaint that I have is the gel coat could have been better. I didn't care for the 32 dash either. I also didn't care for the dash that was in the body. I added a dash from CCR as I liked that style. The glass work seemed acceptable for the price. If you go with one of the beds, plan on areas that are light on glass in the tight or sharp radius areas. Just the nature of the beast and process. This is my build link that will show what I have done thus far. I'm not real good at keeping it up. One thing to note about Bear's bodies is, these were the people that produced parts for MAS. I spoke with Barry and after MAS went down, the molds were redone and the process improved. Hope this helps.

http://www.tbucketeers.com/threads/new-build.13266/

Looks like a cool project. Thank you for the info. Not sure if it's my phone or what, but that body logs tall in height and sorry in length... but your frame also looks sorry on this phone. Do you have measurements on height and width both at the wall and back. Thank you.

This stupid phone with auto correct keeps putting in words it wants to even though I spell the words right. Short in length I meant.... thanks. I forgot he had measurements on there. Lol.too much info in, in the last week. Lol. Thank you.

Alright I have looked and looked. I can not find a supplier for the 1915 body style. So looking at suppliers for the 23 body style. Why is it almost everybody uses a 32 dash. Useless to me. I don't like. Lol. So I found bodies in eBay by bear that have a regular style dash molded in. Something I can customize. Has any one used a body by him. How are they. Thanks
I have have one of his bodies and am very pleased with it, especially for the price.Also Barry is a great guy to deal with and is very knowledgeable about T BUCKETS.
Bill

From what I saw, they also no longer were selling them. I did grrrrr a reply back from ccr. The 15 is not listed on site, but they do still offer it for $895... I did not find a email for top performance. So I will call them to see if Theis is available or not. I am trying to decide if the extra five hundred for ccrs is worth it to save on a lot of having, our if since I would still need to hack it and customize it, if it would be cheaper/wider to get bears body..... the hard part would be to duplicate the more rounded back though...

Sorry, I need to make a correction... yes poli form did have the 15... but iirc, they had a 32 dash molded in the dash and I hate that. It limits the space on the dash for gauges. I want a nicely rounded set of gauges to keep watch on during cruises. Thanks

Don't be afraid to cut and remake your dash. I would recommend checking out videos at street rod plans.com. They make it easy for the beginner and old timer to do fiber glass work.

That is where I saw the tutorial for making a 15 style looking body out if a 23 body. I also saved a link to where I saw the sizes for the bodies. I need to cut it the doors in a custom style and add on a bit on the back on bottom to make the body look more sleigh like. Just I would rather have to not deal with the dash also.. not as fir as cutting out and making a new one. Note adding brake line for a custom look sure. and fiberglass over it

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back