Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How important is the Calendar to you

Do you use the Calendar function on the forums?

• Yes, I find it useful and want to keep it

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have used it, but don't find it necessary

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • You mean we actually have a calendar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mike

As mentioned in this topic, the moderators and myself have been playing around with a Beta test copy of Invision's new forum software. I'm pleased to say the general impressions of the software seem to be positive. I've managed to find some problems when trying to use an Alpha test version of the Firefox browser, but I figure using an Alpha browser on a Beta forum is likely asking for trouble. I've tested every other browser I can lay my hands on and with the exception of no text editing tools being available in Midori, everything else is working well. Midori has a l-o-n-g way to go before they will ever become one of the most popular browsers, so I don't see that as an obstacle.

One of the changes with the new Invision software is the Calendar will not be part of the forum package. The Calendar is going to be available as an add-on script, however. I've downloaded the Calendar and installed it on the test site without any problems. It integrates as seamlessly as the Calendar does here, on the production site. But, I question how many of you actually use the Calendar. I've looked through a few months and cannot find that anyone is using it for anything. I added the Buckethead Bash to the Calendar, but I don't see anyone is using it for anything else.

So, if you would be so kind, please vote in this poll, so I will have some indication as to whether or not to install the Calendar app on this site, when we upgrade to the new software. As mentioned, it takes all of about 3 minutes to upload the files and run the installation script, so it's easy enough to add. But, if no one is going to use it, I think we can give it a pass.

Tell me what you think about it.

As mentioned in this topic, the moderators and myself have been playing around with a Beta test copy of Invision's new forum software. I'm pleased to say the general impressions of the software seem to be positive. I've managed to find some problems when trying to use an Alpha test version of the Firefox browser, but I figure using an Alpha browser on a Beta forum is likely asking for trouble. I've tested every other browser I can lay my hands on and with the exception of no text editing tools being available in Midori, everything else is working well. Midori has a l-o-n-g way to go before they will ever become one of the most popular browsers, so I don't see that as an obstacle.

One of the changes with the new Invision software is the Calendar will not be part of the forum package. The Calendar is going to be available as an add-on script, however. I've downloaded the Calendar and installed it on the test site without any problems. It integrates as seamlessly as the Calendar does here, on the production site. But, I question how many of you actually use the Calendar. I've looked through a few months and cannot find that anyone is using it for anything. I added the Buckethead Bash to the Calendar, but I don't see anyone is using it for anything else.

So, if you would be so kind, please vote in this poll, so I will have some indication as to whether or not to install the Calendar app on this site, when we upgrade to the new software. As mentioned, it takes all of about 3 minutes to upload the files and run the installation script, so it's easy enough to add. But, if no one is going to use it, I think we can give it a pass.

Tell me what you think about it.
Give it a pass Mike.

Rick, that was my knee-jerk reaction. But I figure if we have a lot of members who enjoy the function, I can always install it.

From the look of the first few votes, I don't think we'll have the function after the upgrade.

It's strange, because some forum admins think a Calendar function is the bee's knees and want to see them polished up with more features. In all the years I've been using forums, I have never bothered to look at the Calendar.

Rick, that was my knee-jerk reaction. But I figure if we have a lot of members who enjoy the function, I can always install it.

From the look of the first few votes, I don't think we'll have the function after the upgrade.

It's strange, because some forum admins think a Calendar function is the bee's knees and want to see them polished up with more features. In all the years I've been using forums, I have never bothered to look at the Calendar.
What good is it Mike?If i have any plans for something i have a desk planner on my desk and i wright it down there.No muss no fuss and i don't have to go online to see it.If someone makes an anouncement here for a outing and i'm interested i'll wright it down on my desk.Excuse the spelling i took my meds this morning.hehehehe.I know whats my excuse any other time.

Have to admit, I had never used it. After looking it over, I appreciate it. I saw a calendar displayed on the opening page of one site, with the date highlighted. Someone like me, retired and trying to not use a clock or calendar, I liked seeing how much time has passed since the last notible date. It could also list sponsors events or sales dates. Put it in the corner of the page and I will click on it more often.

Today was the first time I have looked at it ! Guess I could say it is not important to me.

what calender? :whisper:

Was not even aware we had a calendar. Okay to delete it IMHO. Thanks for asking.

With all of the "smart" phones and other electronic leashes, I say do away with it if it is not used. My $0.02 worth.

PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back