Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interior

Babyburr

I know, I've been away a long time. My plans hit a big bump in the road, but I'm trying to get serious again about a T-Bucket.:lol::D:D

I'm 6' tall and like a lot of others, am concerned about room in the bucket. Do you have to put in a wood kit, or interior insert? Is that for body strength or looks? I'm thinking I'd like a couple of bomber seats down low and either paint the inside of the bucket or install a thin layer of vinyl to the inside. Is this possible or am I on the wrong track and full of beans??:confused::confused:

Thanks for any and all responses. You guys know your stuff.

You would have to put the wood kit in. The bomber seats are do-able. I think it would be better in a 26/7 a little more room is always good.

Todd said:
You would have to put the wood kit in. The bomber seats are do-able. I think it would be better in a 26/7 a little more room is always good.

Todd, May I expound a little bit?

The body needs to be reinforced. This is typically done with wood, but it has also been done with metal. You don't lose very much by wooding the body. Now, inserts are a different story. You lose space with them. No way around it. But you don't have to have one. You could leave your wood bare, or cover it with crushed velvet, and just run the bomber seats.

Perhaps these pictures may give you some ideas for your interior. There is no wood in my body, I made it much like a boat. By that I mean, I first cast the body from my mold and then poured in a two part foam similar to what is used in boats. I then shaped the foam to my liking and then placed several layers of glass on the foam adhering it to the outer skin and the fiberglass floor that was cast as part of the original mold. ( The floor also has a flush fit, removable transmission tunnel.) There is glassed in steel reinforcement in key points such as the dash and body mounting points in the fiberglass floor. In so doing, I achieved a very strong body with smooth interior sides that could be easily painted or upholstered. (I chose to make my interior side panels out of sheet PVC and then upholster them and mount them like a conventional door panel.)

MVC-001S.jpg

MVC-0077.jpg

Now that is Talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow great job EXJUNK .

I don't know how far along you are but I've seen stretched glass bodies. I took a class at UVU street rodding program a couple of years ago. Us grandpa's only had to pay $ 250. one of the other old timers was building 6 inch longer doors for his metal 27 T

ExJunk, you never cease to amaze.

I have had numerous requests to make more bodies like mine. But then it would become a J-O-B and I don't need another JOB. Therefore I got rid of all my molds except for the turtle deck one. I kept that in case I get rear ended, then I can make another for repairs. (God, I hope that never happens 'cause that could ruin my whole day!)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back