Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is their any options other than using clevises

As usual, we see a great piece of ART in ExJunk's T! Now THAT is a work or ART! I never tire looking at it....

Thanks for that compliment, Screaming, coming from you it means a lot to me.

Jim

Here are a couple of drawings that might help understand some differences in spherical rod end bearings and automotive tie rod ends. Note how much larger the auto tie rods cross sectional area than the heim joints. The tie rod end has a compensator for wear with the spring that is lacking in the heim.

Here are a couple of drawings that might help understand some differences in spherical rod end bearings and automotive tie rod ends. Note how much larger the auto tie rods cross sectional area than the heim joints. The tie rod end has a compensator for wear with the spring that is lacking in the heim.

Something else to consider with the "heims" is that in some states it's illegal to use them in any steering components. If your state has yearly safety inspections you may want to look into that.

I have double sheared bat wings on my axle and its also double sheared at the chassis end. And the rear ladderbars are double sheared at both ends with a safety fitting on the front end.

At the attachment to the batwings, I have a spherical rod end on the end of the 4 bars. And my 4 bars are as long as I could have them and are thicker than most use down here.

Its safety first (and 851hp)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back