Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is there a cure?

tfeverfred

Is there a cure to the madness or "addiction that we call hot rodding? I hope not. I have gotten an offer to work at an Autozone and I may take it as a part -time gig to save up bucks for a new T. Yea, I'll be one of those guys that asks, "year, make, model, and engine size". But it will be worth it! While this is not a T, I'm thinking of the same look, but in a '27. Youngster and RPM, I'll be looking for your inputs as far as frame, front and rear suspension type.

So, the match is working towards the fuse. Check this out. It's a link to the HAMB, Mike, I hope you don't mind.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=2784

working at a parts store finds a lot of parts out there that you wouldn't normally find.

working at a parts store finds a lot of parts out there that you wouldn't normally find.

You are right in so many ways. What the manager was telling me was, if a customer ask for something they don't have and has a source, they get it and have it waiting for pickup. I'll have to see if my present work schedule will allow me do do it. 20% discount on parts would make it worth while to do a part time gig.

"Cure"? Who would want a cure????

I hope you don't plan on making any money there. You'll owe them. ;)

My nephew works at a part store and gets me some great prices. Shhhh
In this part of the world there is a disgustingly large amount of markup on parts. :(

Hope you don't have to sell too many fart-cans to the kids.

Yes and no. Before getting my last hot rod I would have said no, as I was able to go 20 years without a hot rod. The only reason I bought the Track-T was because for the first time the prices dropped (due to the recession) combined with the banks screwing us on our savings interest. I figured I could enjoy another hot rod, keep it until the economy picked up, then sell it and see a better return than the low interest rates of the greedy banks. I picked the Track-T as I always wanted a rod with outrageous power to weight ratio. Now I have to admit to an addiction. You guys that have been running Bucket-Ts have been enjoying the best kept automotive secret. My last hot rod was a 1955 Ford with a blown 427 side oiler, good straight line power, a bit sloppy in hard corners. The Track-T corners like a slot car with mind numbing straight line ability to rip. So if your rod has over 300 hp and is under 2000 lbs, addiction is a sure bet. Just my .02 cents worth.

If it works for your schedule I would do it. The last time I went into the local parts store the little pimple faced snot nose kid just stared at me when I asked for a Carter carb. rebuild parts. I guess all cars have fuel injection and are turbo 4 cyl.

Just think you might be able to get some great leads on some barn finds.

That is a cool ride, so when do we get to watch the build up? Let me know if you need a hand with it.

I'm building a 27T. Have engine, tranny, front & rear axles and other parts. Spirit frame is being built. Started out thinking I'd build Cobra replica but decided it was too expensive. Can build the 27T for about half the cost and my wife thinks she'd look just as cool riding around in it as in the Cobra. Can't go wrong on this deal.

I'm building a 27T. Have engine, tranny, front & rear axles and other parts. Spirit frame is being built. Started out thinking I'd build Cobra replica but decided it was too expensive. Can build the 27T for about half the cost and my wife thinks she'd look just as cool riding around in it as in the Cobra. Can't go wrong on this deal.

You certainley can't go wrong.

thomas

Go for it Fred. You could be "Counter Guy Number Two" in my latest Auto Zone stoplight switch adventure. We need more "Counter Guy Number Two" types:

It had a pressure switch and i hate those things. I've never had much luck with 'em so i headed on down to the local auto parts store. I asked the counter guy if they had a universal mechanical stoplight switch. He takes me over to their display of ignition/headlight switches. "No, i need a stoplight switch. You know it has a little arm on it that rest against the brake pedal. You hit the brakes and it makes the stop lights work. "What year?" "A 1923 Model T Ford T-Bucket. It's a hot rod. I just need a generic switch." Blank expression. "Would something old work?" "Yes." He punches something into the computer. It pulls up a switch from a friggin' '94 Honda "Like this?" "No. That's electric. You know, mechanical?". Counter Guy Number Two says "Try a '54 Chevy pickup." Counter Guy Number One pulls it up, and shows me the picture. "That'll work."

I like your idea for the '27.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back