Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Is your car a 'kit car'?

I have a friend here in Kentucky, and i'll go with what he has said in the past...

You can buy a kit, and start putting it together, and it never ends up as a kit car, you change to much stuff along the way and basicly turn it into your own build long before you finish...

what i would like to do one day is build a body/bucket/tub

I get people come up to me all the time at the gas station asking if its a KIT car? I tell them you can buy it in Kit form, but mine ain't. I did it all. Some guy even came up to me once and told me he liked my Dune Buggy.

Isn't every car that comes off a assembly line a kit car. Attach A to B and send it down to the next station?

thomas:)

thomas said:
Isn't every car that comes off a assembly line a kit car. Attach A to B and send it down to the next station?

thomas:)

So that would mean are cars are not kits, 'cause they are not off an assembly line. :lol:

Kit, homebuilt, fabricated, pulled out a junkyard, to me its all cool - every one of those options beats the heck out of driving an imported Jelly bean with a variable timing engine ! I can guarantee this much, my friends with total garbage rat rods built from nothing but rusty old scrap get much more positive attention than this modern stuff. Models A with broken spoke wheels, rusty t Shells, any thing like that to is great, running or not.
I commend every person for trying to hang on to the great tradition of genuine hotrodding, whatever form the car takes.

My Track T is far from finshed but when I tell someone what I'm building the first thing they ask is "Is it a kit?". I then tell them no, I'm building most of the car from scratch. They look at me funny. I tell them if I wanted to build a kit car, I would have bought a AC Cobra. Yes, I bought a fiberglass body, engine and transmission, and few other parts, but most of the hotrod is piece built... either by me or someone I know who has the machining tools. At that point they either nod like they know what I'm talking about, turn around and walk away, or something, someone who knows about fabrication will ask an intelligent question.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back