Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

JAG REAR MOUNTING

GAB

In Ted's quest to be the total nonconformist, he has been noodling on how to mount a Jag rear in a bucket in such a way as the engineers at Jaguar intended. I got a sketch (?) on what appeared to be a bar napkin with his ideas on how this can be accomplished and a plea to turn it into something that the gang on here could cogitate on and yea or nay on it's merits.

So without further ado, here it is:

Ted-JagMountingAssembly.jpg

I'll leave the explaining to Ted.

Thanks George, You did it perfect... For those that have a narrow frame at the rear, it is easy to ad a new cross member close to the body, then cut the old narrow frame section off, make a wider new section (only if needed) so that everything will fit, but it all should fit in a pretty narrow frame, mine is 34" wide 31" ID That new complete mount can now even be the rear cross member if you like... the only other thing needed besides you you see there, is radius rods, mounted pretty much like the stock Jag had, only nice looking like a normal T Bucket radius rod, can be either a single rod or hairpin or?? your choice... Now it is mounted like it is supposed to be and will ride nice and quiet and smooth... Like I told George, I have 1 set of the springs made new to 1/2 of the stock springs strength, plus I drill that set of shocks, and drain out the fluid, so you now only have 2 shocks instead of 4, because of the much lighter weight of the T Bucket... Almost forgot, that rear tube would be 2x2" X .250 = 1/4" wall...
I will get off my soap box on this matter, from now on... I had wanted to make and sell that complete setup, at a price, kinda like RPM gets for his radius rods , etc. His prices are very hard to beat... Now I can sleep well at night... Thanks again George... :)

Thanks George, You did it perfect... For those that have a narrow frame at the rear, it is easy to ad a new cross member close to the body, then cut the old narrow frame section off, make a wider new section (only if needed) so that everything will fit, but it all should fit in a pretty narrow frame, mine is 34" wide 31" ID That new complete mount can now even be the rear cross member if you like... the only other thing needed besides you you see there, is radius rods, mounted pretty much like the stock Jag had, only nice looking like a normal T Bucket radius rod, can be either a single rod or hairpin or?? your choice... Now it is mounted like it is supposed to be and will ride nice and quiet and smooth... Like I told George, I have 1 set of the springs made new to 1/2 of the stock springs strength, plus I drill that set of shocks, and drain out the fluid, so you now only have 2 shocks instead of 4, because of the much lighter weight of the T Bucket... Almost forgot, that rear tube would be 2x2" X .250 = 1/4" wall...
I will get off my soap box on this matter, from now on... I had wanted to make and sell that complete setup, at a price, kinda like RPM gets for his radius rods , etc. His prices are very hard to beat... Now I can sleep well at night... Thanks again George... :)
This is a project I will be taking on this summer right after the Nationals in Dayton. Sure would like to see more detail concerning this setup ... all I have right now is the CCR plans and what a few other guys have told me.

No one has plans that do it this way, I just hope someone takes this setup and makes it to sell, a very easy piece to make in a jig for making a ton of them, or one at a time, either way, a very simple setup... The only part of CCR's plans that you may use for this , is the measurements for what used to be the solid mounts for third member and springs and radius rods, forget all the rest of the solid mounting brackets, etc. except for everything that replaces the tin cover, that hold everything together... You will be amazed if you make the change to see and feel the big difference in ride and how quiet everything now runs... If you use that 4-PX- Giubo flex connector for a BMW 330 or another? things will now really be smooth and quiet ! The way it is supposed to be, and us T Bucket guys want comfort and peace of mind while tooling around with out favorite Gal... :) PS I will put up a pic of that flex connector (takes the place of the rear U joint) in my gallery...

In Ted's quest to be the total nonconformist, he has been noodling on how to mount a Jag rear in a bucket in such a way as the engineers at Jaguar intended. I got a sketch (?) on what appeared to be a bar napkin with his ideas on how this can be accomplished and a plea to turn it into something that the gang on here could cogitate on and yea or nay on it's merits.

So without further ado, here it is:

Ted-JagMountingAssembly.jpg

I'll leave the explaining to Ted.

You can also put the main frame cross member close to the body, and just leave stubs out the back where the new flexible Jag mount is bolted to, this will put it back a bit farther of wanted...

No one has plans that do it this way, I just hope someone takes this setup and makes it to sell, a very easy piece to make in a jig for making a ton of them, or one at a time, either way, a very simple setup... The only part of CCR's plans that you may use for this , is the measurements for what used to be the solid mounts for third member and springs and radius rods, forget all the rest of the solid mounting brackets, etc. except for everything that replaces the tin cover, that hold everything together... You will be amazed if you make the change to see and feel the big difference in ride and how quiet everything now runs... If you use that 4-PX- Giubo flex connector for a BMW 330 or another? things will now really be smooth and quiet ! The way it is supposed to be, and us T Bucket guys want comfort and peace of mind while tooling around with out favorite Gal... :) PS I will put up a pic of that flex connector (takes the place of the rear U joint) in my gallery...

How about some detailed drawings with dimensions?

Mark

whats going on with this, i was thinking about a jag rearend and remembered this but it seems to stalled . just curious.

whats going on with this, i was thinking about a jag rearend and remembered this but it seems to stalled . just curious.
I was hoping for more, also.

I asked RPM if he could build me a frame based on these sketches and he passed.

GAB - Would you be interested in building me a frame based on this design?

Advise,

Mark

I tried to visit the CWI Inc website, for some Jag Rear End Seals, but it appears to be closed.

Does anyone one have any info?

Mark

CWI closed up shop over a year ago. Last time I ordered something from Mike (about two years ago IIRC), he said if I needed anything else to get it now as he was in the process of liquidating.

Most everything in a Jag is really Ford parts... and some rod shops make special bushings to replace hard bearings... PS, anyone that can't build a frame to mount a Jag the right/correct way, should not be in business...
You could build the bushing mounts yourself and either bolt them to your frame or weld them to your frame as it is now... and the crossmember can be built using CCR's jag plan... just leave out any of the solid frame connections, it ends up the very same as a stock setup, VERY SIMPLE...

I tried to visit the CWI Inc website, for some Jag Rear End Seals, but it appears to be closed.

Does anyone one have any info?

Mark
There is an excellant shop in SE Dallas named John's Cars, Inc. ... 214-426-4100 ... he deals in nothing but Jaguar. He has a complete stock of all parts and accessories. Website is www.johnscars.com

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back