Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Jegs Performance TH350

TexasT

Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you have dealt with this trans before, its a Jegs Performance TH350 without a kickdown hookup. It says in the description that if you remove the block off plug that is installed in place,warranty will be void. I was wondering how this thing shifts without the kickdown, what keeps it from shifting to soon. Gonna start build my 27 and was looking for a tranny.

On a 350 , modulator controls throttle pressure thus shift points. Cable supply downshift when passing.

I have that transmission and the shift point can be set with the modulator. Transmission shifts solid and quick between shift points. I like it, works good.

That's the one I'm going to get. I am glad it doesn't have those extra cables. Less things to mess with.

good to know guys, Thanks. Have you had good luck with that trans, Duke?

I know a guy with one in a pickup. No issues with it that ive heard. Jegs/Summit must sell a bunch of these and if they where crap I would think we would be hearing about it all over the net.

There is no kickdown so you have to pull the shifter back to get up and go.

I haven,t had any problems with the Transmission and a T-Bucket is so light most of the time when I need to pass I don't pull the shifter down, just give a little more gas. You can always shift down a gear for the head snap if you want too goose it hard. To adjust the modulator, just disconnect the vacuum hose at the modulator and there is an adjustment screw inside the hose barb. Hope that made sense.

Oh yeah familiar with the adjustment, its just that I have an instruction sheet from a previous TCI purchase which was total junk and it said to have the kickdown adjusted properly on the 350 trans or failure would occur and void warranty. thats why i was wondering about the kickdown. Thanks

Oh yeah familiar with the adjustment, its just that I have an instruction sheet from a previous TCI purchase which was total junk and it said to have the kickdown adjusted properly on the 350 trans or failure would occur and void warranty. thats why i was wondering about the kickdown. Thanks

It all depends on how the valve body is setup. You need it on a stock style VB. On a reprogrammed or aftermarket one you don't need it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back