Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

just joined today

23hotrod

hi everyone, i finished my t bucket project a few years ago but havent been able to drive it much because i live in rhode island and cant find much support with getting it registered. i pretty much gave up for a while and figured the opportunity would come along someday. its now 2 years later and have become tired of waiting. is there anyone out there in my area that knows what im going through and maybe give me some advice

Welcome to the forum 23hotrod, I'm sorry to hear you're having problems getting your bucket registered. I just checked the members map but didn't see anyone on it in Rhode Island but not everybody here has registered on it. All I could suggest would be to go to your local department of motor vehicles and request a copy of the requirements for registering your car.

Welcome :) yep check with your dmv, also if there are any car clubs in your area. But in the mean time, got any pics? :welxome:

23hotrod,

Welcome to the site. What problems have you been having with registering your "T", might be things similar to the ones we've run into.

Bruce

:welcome: The "NTBA" has a member from East Greenwich, RI.

Joe

23hotrod,

Welcome to the site. What problems have you been having with registering your "T", might be things similar to the ones we've run into.

Bruce

basically after i spent 6 years building the car , i called the dmv when i was done and was told i couldn't register the car . i built the car from scratch with a spirit frame and body, and got no help from them along the lines of an mco . the dmv will do the inspection but i need to put fenders on, cover the engine, put in an emergency brake, and a bunch of stuff i don't want to ruin the car with. the story goes on and on but there are plenty of t buckets in my state that are registered with antique plates on them....how does that happen? thats what i want to know....i guess there are ways around these problems. i will post some pics soon thanks for your time

It's been a while since I registered my bucket (1968) and I live in a different state (Illinois) but when they asked me what it was I told them a 1923 Ford. That's what they put on the title and the regulations for the car are what applied in 1923. I was issued VIN, and a set of antique plates but still have to be careful with the law. My bucket is not required to have seat belts because they didn't exist back in 1923 BUT... if I want to take my grandchildren for a ride I need both a car seat and a seat belt for them.

You have a PM

Try contacting streetrod clubs/associations in your state. Here are a few I found searching the 'net:

Rhode Island Street Rodding Association
West Warwick, RI
Club type - Street Rod. Club dues - $20 per year.
Call: (401) 826-3809
Email: roddude@home.com

Rhode Aces Car Club
Geoff Keller
RI
401-743-0288
Email: Geoff Keller

Rhode Island Sinners Car Club
12 Holyoke Ave., Warwick, 02889

Rhode Island Vintage Wheels
P. O. Box 722, Hope Valley, 02832.
401-789-7074

Smoking Aces
South Kingstown,
Tom - 401-647-0668
(e-mail pbla1350@uriacc.uri.edu)

You need to get that baby out on the road! :welcome:

Try contacting streetrod clubs/associations in your state. Here are a few I found searching the 'net:

Rhode Island Street Rodding Association
West Warwick, RI
Club type - Street Rod. Club dues - $20 per year.
Call: (401) 826-3809
Email: roddude@home.com

Rhode Aces Car Club
Geoff Keller
RI
401-743-0288
Email: Geoff Keller

Rhode Island Sinners Car Club
12 Holyoke Ave., Warwick, 02889

Rhode Island Vintage Wheels
P. O. Box 722, Hope Valley, 02832.
401-789-7074

Smoking Aces
South Kingstown,
Tom - 401-647-0668
(e-mail pbla1350@uriacc.uri.edu)

You need to get that baby out on the road! :thumb:
thank you i'm going to check them out

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back