Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kind of an odd question

cptn60

I recently bought a bucket body off craigslist.(yay me) Don't have enough posts for pictures yet, so let me try to describe it for you. It looks to be an extended cowl version, twin opening doors, and what appears to be a glass rear lower shelf; like it would cover a transverse spring. My question is; who made this rascal? Any ideas?

When you say "glass rear lower shelf"--is this inside the bucket itself? Or does the body have a bed or a turtle deck already installed? I'm having trouble picturing it any way other than as a '27 turtledeck roadster.

Sorry to bring this back up to the top; found out my body is for a model A frame. Got my uncle to come see it, he said it was too big to be a T. The cowl area measures up like a model A, with a flat register for a T styled windshield that is 44". Rest of the body is equally large, its just under 70 inches end to end. At its widest it measures 56" about where your shoulder will be. Still don't know who made, maybe an Amazon...;) That funky shelf thing is right at 48".

Post a few pictures showing the complete body. That way we will have a better chance of figuring out what it is.

Jim

b90432e0-1a71-4bb5-b1ce-70b501221e57.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
Finally got some more pictures, it's just a very puzzling body shell. Sorry for the delay in posting had to move all my cars, parts and tools been an ordeal.

The first picture depicts a body line going diagonally down and forward from the wind shield area. That makes it look somewhat like a '28 to '29 Model A. It certainly is not a Model T cowl from '23 through '27.

Jim

Yep agree with that. The straight windshield register looks like a T, the shell is much larger overall. Actually bigger than a 32. I thought maybe like a 24 Dodge or something similar. The cowl fits a Model A perfect, which goes along with my build plans. Hopefully I can get started soon. Thanks, everyone. :)

In all reality it seems to be someone's idea of combining a Model A and a Model T. I say that because the doors resemble a T and the cowl is somewhat like an A while the rear resembles a T. Whatever it is, if you like it then go ahead and build it. Just remember the first rule and that is: "there are no rules."

Jim

What you say is true,Ron, but the doors are also different. That body is a hodgepodge of someone's idea of what they wanted. But like I said in my previous post, there are no rules.

Thanks I intend to. I bought a Model A frame from Williams Street Rods, it fits that really well. Have a spare S10 rear axle, 62 283, and a lockup 350 left from selling all my old hot rod parts this fall. I think ExJunk(Jim) hit it on the head; it doesn't really matter what it is, since the rule book doesn't apply. :)

Thanks I intend to. I bought a Model A frame from Williams Street Rods, it fits that really well. Have a spare S10 rear axle, 62 283, and a lockup 350 left from selling all my old hot rod parts this fall. I think ExJunk(Jim) hit it on the head; it doesn't really matter what it is, since the rule book doesn't apply. :)
Very true because most of us gear heads are the ones who never cared much for rules anyway! Good luck on the build. That one will be cool to see what you do with it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back