Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Let's talk wheels.......

I like the fat tires. I grew up with that look so mine will have them plus they go with the theme I'm going with. Really don't like the big wheels with rubber band tires in buckets.

I like my wide wheels and big Mickey's on my bucket. It seems like a lot of guys are just afraid of the price. I guess it's just the look that your after.

I like my wide rear tires, even if it is a Fad-T steamroller look. My car handles well enough, considering it is all old school with front steer suicide front end and high arch rear rear spring. I guess it is all a matter of personal preference. I like all T-Buckets. I just returned from the NTBA NATS in Indianapolis and many of the over 100 cars there had wide rear tires. Some didn't, but I thought they were cool too.

I like all T-Buckets.

And that Sir, says it all.

Some I like a little less than others, but a T is a T.

Without people like you bunch of reprobates they may well have died a death years ago.

Reactions: RPM
First off, any opinions expressed are worth the usual 2 cents, adjusted for inflation...and they are not even absolute for me.

For the most part I do not care for either the steamroller or rubberband tires...but I do like the Big-N-Little look.

This Lincoln Wires.JPG is what I'll be using on the front...15"x6.5" Lincoln aluminum rim wheels. I'll probably run 185/65 blackwalls.

For the rear I have theseprimes.jpg...15"x8" aftermarket aluminum wheels. Probably 255/70 blackwalls.

I don't like the look of the rubber band tires. They handle good if you are building that kind of car. I would run the widest tires available if I didn't alreary have these mags, I will buy the widest tire I can fit on them because it's a hot rod! There's just something about melting a pair of wide tires and leaving a pair of signatures....Freudian, I guess, lol...

LMFAO.... Moving right along....Check these out. Nice, but the price scared me away. I bet they'd be great in black. And again, it's like you have to get the center, to complete the look.

Those Salt Flat Specials do come with the caps. I spent a bit more coin and and added machined 3-bar knock-off's to give it some more flair...

Attachments

• IMG_1320.JPG
    IMG_1320.JPG
    489 KB · Views: 26
Those Salt Flat Specials do come with the caps. I spent a bit more coin and and added machined 3-bar knock-off's to give it some more flair...

Very nicely done.

Bought mine used. Big mickeys out back. I like the 70's era cars but not the funky paint some of them had. If I was trying to build a kookie replica or a tweedy pie I would go with those old bias ply type. My front runners cost 200 altogether. My rears were 200 for the rims and 500 for the rubber. 250 per tire new.

And that Sir, says it all.

Some I like a little less than others, but a T is a T.

Without people like you bunch of reprobates they may well have died a death years ago.

I resemble that remark!!!

Just be clear I don't like the rubber band tires especially on the very large diameter wheels. If that is someone's choice, I don't really care even if I don't like it for myself. This brings back (at least for me) the donk T-Bucket we have discussed in the past. I keep hoping Ron will build a prototype with dubs but I know he is busy with running his business.

To me donk is shot for donkey which is what some automotive sub-cultures call the Chevy Impala, which is some times customized with huge wheels and short low profile tires (rubber Bands).

Reactions: RPM
I liked the 17" Budnik Famosas:
pO0tJ9U8PLCzEz85_FEqARv07wm--K0RCWgu-lrhLTmRlPZ4r5Quw10WDcMhH_GVs4hb6k80NlE3A5mgrdMzWXasdggHmXE6-rALrHY94ap2lZVyfcwzWD5VXgk-_2vLVAF4KwGfVm6hxm-yF8bF1TRxpe9-plyijMVZeULvblC1FvN0cbINtYfPtAE-6MjExMTu_CcwHtY1AXRUVbUfOuS1zoTpGohm7xzkxZiGW-6NgFzF0bMfDzcuB8GYgoDdwP9Mvp9rm76tCT1jxiau1Zffq4AKezi51kB5biO-muxC6H0kVBGUdMneNF0JZpefo2LMQYjtPmvt_i_ngzVa0kkNJMIQV3eq6bAGK5n_4s8NrOk9vEmkbWG4eTVT3e-rUKMTbYiwH33NyUD7ZzizKF6EDWWOFBBe_XU7Y44mbaVKYugHGVzvQ3xhOJ3gPeihxkd5cSreYwWWOfAmWvK7tA_khbCG_LTFyI4H6R9rLZOCF44sxlERU-749YxG_UVgsYaqP3Svk6_pmrdARcNObc1EZGMm_FMGZHJEmPUBjp5x6_ED9rY9xVNTiZ81BsI7Hx9R1Hl6FqcDfsaWGhZyNaVsssyZw_M=w478-h316-no

Had them made in 17x13. Think they look good with the 15" on the front. Trouble is Hoosier is the only source for the tire and they quit making them several years ago. I panicked, but found a good used pair on eBay and bought them in case I outlive the first ones. Now Hoosier has started making them again, but $400 each.

Nice.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back