Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low Budget Roadster Build-up

der Spieler

The September 1996 issue of Streetrodder did an article on a low budget build on a T-bucket. The article not only became my inspiration but it was so well written and had so many pictures it became my build manual. I was able to scan the article and convert it to a PDF file and I have it available to anyone who wants it. I think it would be worthwhile to have as a Newbie article in the Tech Articles section but I don't know if copyright issues would pose a problem.

The kit was bought from Speedway. They built the car with junkyard parts and some new stuff and built it for under 8,000 1996 dollars. The price today would be higher but I would bet it could still come in less than $10k.

There are two pages in the article covering modifying the front crossmember and the rear suspension. I did both of these things using their sources for parts.

If anyone wants the article PM me with an email address and I'll email it to them....................

I don't know what the copyrights would be. There are people on ebay selling scans right out of Tex Smith books. I think free share should be ok, but selling what isn't yours seems to cross a line. Just 2 cents of jibberish.

Quality scans!
I wonder if she looks as good 12 years later.

Todd said:
I don't know what the copyrights would be. There are people on ebay selling scans right out of Tex Smith books. I think free share should be ok, but selling what isn't yours seems to cross a line. Just 2 cents of jibberish.

I doubt that they would do anything more than request that it be taken down.

Love to have a look at the article. Still in the planning stages of my build and would find the article very informative. i have sent you a PM with my email address.
Thanks in advance.
smallblockjohn

the article steve has offered is a good one. i have one that was a series in pop hot rodding by jim kirby that has served as my bible. if anyone would be willing to put it in a pdf, i could send a copy to you.

Ron

Anyone have the series on building a T bucket that ran in Car Craft Magazine in I think 63-64 ?they used SBC mated to Ford running gear.I have 1 magazine of the series they show how to shorten a ford torque tube etc.I would like to get copies of the complete series in pdf.I have Hot Rod Yearbook 13 which also has a very good build abouit 30 pages I don't know how to send it to anyone even if i get it all scanned into my computer.Anyone local to 06255 zip that could get this to PDF? We could get together and share this one with whoever wanted it

Leon, I have the complete series. My scanner is broken, but I will see if one of my friends have one and I will send it to you. I will let you know Monday night.
Ron Abner

40ford said:
Leon, I have the complete series. My scanner is broken, but I will see if one of my friends have one and I will send it to you. I will let you know Monday night.
Ron Abner
Ron ;
Thank you very much the Hotrod year book pieces is supposed to be an "updated "version they mention the earlier one but they are totally different.The later build is still a very nice Tbucket though

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back