Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low Slung T

if you are planning on using aftermarket harness who's are you going to use thanks in advance. Dwight

how are you going to get the computer inside of the car

It's going under the seat. I may have to extend some wires. You can get some extra room by splitting some things out of the loom. We shall see how it goes.

I tried to redo a stock harness but ran into a mess when my harness did not match the blueprint in color or pin out good luck

Dwight

Did you have the right diagram for your harness? There are four different f body harnesses. 93, 94, 95, and 96-97. OBD1 in 93 and 94. OBD 1.5 in 95 and OBD2 in 96 and 97.

Out west again for work so the T is on hold. I did get my wood glued in before I left though. I definitely want to keep the tub removable so I can easily get below it if needed so I sealed the top of the wood with a thin layer of glass and then glued the wood in with Duraglass. I'll be laying some glass over the front, sides and bottom of the wood blocks so they will be fully encapsulated when I'm done.
For now, no physical work on the bucket, just mental until I get home. Thinking about this suicide shifter with connecting rods and maybe even a piston thrown in there. contemplating solid verse cable linkage and trying to figure out the detent.
This traveling out west for work is not conducive to me getting my T on the road before Fred. ha At least I got to see Mount Rushmore this weekend.

Made my detent for the steering column shifter.

detent4 (11) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

detent4 (2) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG
shifter detent1 (2) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG
shifter detent1 (6) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

That looks good. I have some rough sketches. Mine will most likely sit on the outside of the frame rail and have a mechanically controlled pin that work from the shift handle at the top of the body. I'll start working on the hills and valley of it once I get the shifter installed and know where each gear is in the arc of travel.

The rod sticking down from the top is the 'lockout' I have a button on the top that has to be pressed down to release the detent from P and N.

This may help. The shifter is at the top of the column under the steering wheel with a 5mm rod running inside the column tube. The detent is fixed to the lever at the bottom that connects to the trans.
Hope this helps.
Gerry

detent6 (2) [640x480] (2015_11_13 11_07_31 UTC).JPG

Damn Gerry, you've got some serious skills.

Not my thread, its DWs. I just put a few pics up to help.

I've been trying to get this seat tub fitted into the body for the last 2 days. What a mess!! It doesn't fit for nothing. It's not wide enough. The floor is not level. It is too deep on the outsides and not deep enough on the in middle. The passenger side has a different radius where the body curves up to the back. The drivers side has this problem too but it is not nearly as bad and I think the interior fabric will cover it up. Its giving me second thoughts on using it. I feel like I'm getting excited and I just need to slow my pace down. I know I can make it fit nicely but it is going to take some time and cutting and lots of glass work.

Unfortunately there's a lot of bodies being made out there that aren't symmetrical.

This is an exaggeration of what I had to deal with.

Bucket back.jpg

The other problem with fiberglass is, if it is not kept on a level surface, it will take a set, or 'rack' in its shape. Common problem, but not un-fixable, esp. for a T-bucket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back