Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Low Slung T

Thanks chopped top. I am pretty happy. Just hoping that the carpet fills the gap on the passenger between the tunnel and the seat tub. If it doesn't, I will cut and glass until it does!

Thanks Sparky. Another nice thing about it too is that it is a dual action, meaning that I can side shift it and don't need a knob with a button. So my knob options are endless. The current knob will go!!

Thanks Sparky. Another nice thing about it too is that it is a dual action, meaning that I can side shift it and don't need a knob with a button. So my knob options are endless. The current knob will go!!
I was waiting to see how the suicide shifter went over with Hburg :) I heard they can be dicks, Looks good though

I heard the same thing. But I think it may have been you I heard it from JeffK. No worries now. Maybe next time when I have the will to spend stupid money or make things super complicated.

I heard the same thing. But I think it may have been you I heard it from JeffK. No worries now. Maybe next time when I have the will to spend stupid money or make things super complicated.
I've read one post somewhere that they weren't very receptive on round gas tanks (bobtail style) so I'm looking forward to that. I think they said they made the put a cover on it? I have the PA inspection law downloaded and I cannot find any such silliness. It just says tanks has to be made for fuel, not in a truck bed, and no lines in trunk or passenger compartment. We'll see, I'll fight em on that. . I'll start one day. lol.

i have a round alum tank on mine, no problem at enhanced insp station, it passed pics and form and tax $$ went to Harrisburg ,a few weeks later a vin tag, then title arrived

Its been awhile since I posted. I have been working on it a bit. Since I last posted I got the following things completer:
- Master Cylinders Access door installed
- Door under passenger seat made and functioning - this will be to access my fuse panel and battery
- Starting fitting my windshield posts...My frame should be delivered tomorrow so I should be able to move forward with that soon.
- Had to put a slight notch in my transmission tunnel to make some more foot room. Just some cutting and glassing.
- Got nutserts installed so my seat tub bolts into place.
- Ordered some tail/stop/turn/backup lights.
- Been researching my fuel tank. Here is a link to where I think I'm going to buy it. Spun Aluminum Gas Tanks - Starting at $99! Round Gas Tanks - BAM MFG
- At this moment, I'm working on installing a piece of sheet metal into my firewall for my throttle cable to attach to. I sandwiched the metal between some plywood and fiberglassed it in. While I'm typing this I am waiting for the glass to dry.
- Been brainstorming some ideas on what to do in the rear. I initially was going to use a turtle shell. I mocked up the turtle shell and didn't like it. So now I have extra frame length to run just a bob tail. I could cut the frame, or I'm thinking about making a little box for the back. Pic below.

JGIE6728_zps3w60x6mq.jpg

I need to get some more pictures of things I've done, but here is a fun one of its stance in my small messy garage.
IMG_1380_zpsnn9bqv72.jpg

Is there any way that you'll be able to get us a straight on profile shot? That way we can see what that pickup box really looks kike.

Jim

You've been busy! I need some of whatever you are taking for energy, lol. I have a dilemma deciding on my fuel tank. I also am doing a bob tail and like the round alum or ss ranks, but want more fuel capacity. Always a trade off. Good work, keep it up!

Where are you from in Pa.? I'm from Hermitage Pa. It seems to me that some inspections go overboard on the initial t-bucket inspections. A lot of them interpret the requirements differently. Ask around for the best one to go to,good luck !

Its been awhile since I posted. I have been working on it a bit. Since I last posted I got the following things completer:
- Master Cylinders Access door installed
- Door under passenger seat made and functioning - this will be to access my fuse panel and battery
- Starting fitting my windshield posts...My frame should be delivered tomorrow so I should be able to move forward with that soon.
- Had to put a slight notch in my transmission tunnel to make some more foot room. Just some cutting and glassing.
- Got nutserts installed so my seat tub bolts into place.
- Ordered some tail/stop/turn/backup lights.
- Been researching my fuel tank. Here is a link to where I think I'm going to buy it. Spun Aluminum Gas Tanks - Starting at $99! Round Gas Tanks - BAM MFG
- At this moment, I'm working on installing a piece of sheet metal into my firewall for my throttle cable to attach to. I sandwiched the metal between some plywood and fiberglassed it in. While I'm typing this I am waiting for the glass to dry.
- Been brainstorming some ideas on what to do in the rear. I initially was going to use a turtle shell. I mocked up the turtle shell and didn't like it. So now I have extra frame length to run just a bob tail. I could cut the frame, or I'm thinking about making a little box for the back. Pic below.

JGIE6728_zps3w60x6mq.jpg
Those do look like nice tanks, decent prices from what I saw.

EX JUNK - At the moment I cannot. I have the body on saw horses finishing up the throttle cable hole. I'll get something this week or maybe next weekend.

Fletcherson - I have a syndrome called "I need to get my mind off work so hit the garage". Those tanks seem to be the cheapest decent ones I could find. Also helps that I can get them to put a sump and baffle in a 12" round tank for my fuel injection. Gets me a 16 gallon tank that 12x33".

Rodder25 - I live in Indiana, PA. I've been in touch with the local enhanced station with several questions...some which they couldn't even answer. I've heard Harrisburg can e the real road block. Should be interesting getting it titled at the least.

Tank in front of a small bed, different. I like it. You could of course shape the bed to fit snuggly around the tank and get the best of both worlds.

The other thing I like is the 'hang the headers from the heads', no extra brackets. Seen a lot like this in the US. Cant bring myself to do it.

EX JUNK - At the moment I cannot. I have the body on saw horses finishing up the throttle cable hole. I'll get something this week or maybe next weekend.

Fletcherson - I have a syndrome called "I need to get my mind off work so hit the garage". Those tanks seem to be the cheapest decent ones I could find. Also helps that I can get them to put a sump and baffle in a 12" round tank for my fuel injection. Gets me a 16 gallon tank that 12x33".

Rodder25 - I live in Indiana, PA. I've been in touch with the local enhanced station with several questions...some which they couldn't even answer. I've heard Harrisburg can e the real road block. Should be interesting getting it titled at the least.
The garage is good therapy! It's kept me somewhat sane.

I got some more pictures after I realized I had been slacking on them today.

Master Cylinder Access Door
MC Access Door.jpgMC Access Door 2.jpg

Much Needed Extra Foot Room
Foot Room.jpg

Fuse Panel Access Door Under Passenger Seat
Fuse Panel Door.jpg Fuse Panel Door 2.jpg

Throttle Cable Through Fire Wall - Still need some cleaning up, but its functional at this point.8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back