Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Master Cylinder ID

Track T-4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Can anyone ID this master cylinder? There are no part numbers visible on it.

Thanks, Bruce

Master cylinder front 2.jpg master cylinder left 2.jpg Master cylinder top 2.jpg

I'd second RPM on it being a Corvette master. Unfortunately it will be difficult to determine the manufacturer due to the popularity of Corvette style clones.

The bore is 1".

Question: When should a 1" vs a 1-1/8" bore master cylinder be used? The car currently has power disc brakes front and rear.
Thanks,.
Bruce

As you increase the bore size it takes less travel but more "foot" pressure to do the same job as the smaller bore , as I understand it . Are you having a brake problem ??
dave

Yes. The brake pedal is to the floor with no effect from pumping. The car was around a few years before I purchased it, it then sat most of the past two years I've owned it while I got my track roadster on the road. Now trying to get it back on the road, have the upholstery redone, etc. The fluid in the MC was thick and brown so I decided to go through the whole system Replace rather than restore the MC etc. is a decision I'm trying to follow.

Ron may be right with the Corvette ID since I've been told the calipers look like Corvette. I would like to stay with the same/similar replacement parts to avoid having to bend tubing, etc. Unfortunately there are no part numbers on anything.

Yes there is a power booster. Everything is already disassembled right now so I'll check the valve when everything isdput back together.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back