Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mickey Thompson Sportsman tires

Dirt-T

I have 33X 21.5X15 LT tires on my C cab. I have a bad tube and want to order a new the one I found
at summitt is $89.00 Plus Frt. This seems expensive for a tube?
Is there another sorce for a tube?
Thank you for your time
Terry
PS: I am new to this forem and i am not sure where to post items. I picked suspension hopeing this is where it should be posted. Is there a guide?

I ran my MT's without tubes for 15 years before switching to Hoosiers, also without tubes. Might try it.

Thank you I will give it a try. I'll remove both tubes and install valve stems.

It depends somewhat on how much or how little air pressure you run. I have let mine down to the point where they don't even register on a tire gauge, but usually I run them at 8 - 10 lbs. I don't know that you can go that low without tubes.

Here is what I do to determine rear air pressure... on a clean strip of pavement, try and spin the tires to leave a black imprint on the pavement... If the mark is darker on the outside edge, the tire needs more air, or gas? Darker in the center than the edges, less pressure... Fronts I do a stopping black skid mark, same as rear looks... Just the way I do it...

JEG's sells the tubes, but I believe they are about the same price. I agree with 409T as I only run about 9 lbs.

Hmm. I run around 25 lbs on the Hoosiers. Never thought about it. I guess less would make for a softer ride. Does really low pressure make it squirrely?

I was amazed the tube was "MADE IN USA" and was real rubber. I'll leave the tube out and run tubeless until I get it on the road.
If I want to run on low pressure I'll buy a tube.

Hmm. I run around 25 lbs on the Hoosiers. Never thought about it. I guess less would make for a softer ride. Does really low pressure make it squirrely?

We have a T bucket that doesn't get driven much so the rear tire pressure on it went down to lower than would read on a gauge (33 x 18.5 or 21.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsmans). Not paying any attention, I took it out for a spin and noticed that the rear end was hopping around at over 60 mph. I checked the tire pressure, found how low it was and ran it back up to 12 lbs. The car was fine after that.

This video shows that this inner tube can stretch to about three times the width of the tire it is intended to be used in. Perhaps you could use a smaller, cheaper, more abundant inner tube that is intended to fill a 10" wide tire.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back