Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mike's bucket project

Mike, that was quite a gesture. It's amazing when ever we do a good gesture something always happens to us in return.

Eric

mikesplumbing said:
Well Ben, I figure even at 150 it's still a good deal for all that. I don't think i'm a very good business man either though. It's kind of like this.....1/2 my service calls I end up feeling bad for people because in this economic environment so many people are working part time or have lost jobs and taken new ones for half.

So I look at it this way, I can always pay my bills and as long as that's happening it's good business to help a brother out. Actually it's more than good business, it's the American thing to do, that's what makes this country so darn cool.

Anyhow, as it turns out, the guy called me back and said he may know where a C4 transmission is that a friend of his has..........moral of the story.....Ya never know what life can bring and I like to be on the good side of the fence not to mention I sleep well at night.:welcome:

Take a look at this forum even, all the advice has saved me a lot of money so far. And to have so many people offer such great advice ( that saves money) keeps me and the kids in good graces with my wife.:D So actually........if I think about it.......this forum makes my marriage better. LOL WOW, how's that for ironic!

Mike

In these crazy and unsure times, it's always great to hear about people doing good things. Thanks.

Update

Well, it's starting to get cold in Wisconsin but Henry and I are still at it. The garage was getting a little out of hand with the addition of all the new parts so the two of us are gonna spend a couple days cleaning and re-grouping what and where were headed. For a five year old Henry does pretty good keeping enthused.

The engine and block are cleaned and checked for cracks, everything looks good. That's as far as were going right now on the engine because I want to use the empty block for the mock up this winter, and that's next on our agenda. Thinking about ditching the flashy paint job and instead thinking about black with some pin stripes on it. Were a long ways away from that but it's fun to think about. I guess we'll just have to see.

Mike

Marine grade vinyl works great and lasts much longer. Also, living in Arizona, I always have sheepskins for the summertime. It saves your ass, so to speak, ha!

How about the old crushed velvet cloth I remember when I was 14 there were a few VW s with the velvet interior. You dont see that much any more. I love the old school paint on the Ts I am going to do the same with mine I was just talking to my dad who also has a T about it the other day. I have a few pics of some old school paint i'll post .0=---o

[attachment=2729:1/8/3/4/2509.attach]

[attachment=2730:1/8/3/4/2510.attach]

[attachment=2731:1/8/3/4/2511.attach]

Here are the pics. Hope it works if not I will try again

Crushed velvet and any rain is a recipe for a big mess.

Ha, I like the sound of crushed velvet but I think Putz is right, rain and velvet just don't go together.

I do however like the paint jobs you posted photos of.:)

Mike

Thanks, the blue paint is sweet.......I saved that in my hard drive with all the others. I can't wait until I shoot the paint on this thing.

Mike

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back