Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Mirrors

putz

Does anybody have a place to get good billet clamp on mirrors? I have a set of the kind that are stamped steel and don't care for them.

Sorry I can't help you with that. I drilled and tapped my windshield frames and mounted mirrors I bought from Steve Moal in Oakland. I first saw the mirrors on a car Moal built for Tim Allen that appeared on the cover of Streetrodder about ten years. When I saw the photos I knew they were what I wanted. They were pricey at $120 each but the clean look I got was worth it to me. The price is still the same ten years later..Steve http://http://www.moal.com/02_prod/sub_03.html

Correct Link

Here is the link to the mirrors...

sm_mirror_01.gif

- Moal Coachbuilders - Moal Mirrors -

Re: Correct Link

Thanks for correcting the link Al. I know I didn't answer Putz's question and I threw the link in for gee whiz info. With all of the bright and shiny bits I had on my T I figured those mirrors would look a lot better on my car. I would pay the extra and buy them again if I were to build another T like it but I'll be going for the rat rod look for my next T. I've never cared for he clamp on mirrors but I'll probably go with them this time if I can get some of the chrome off and 'rust them up a little bit.

Re: Correct Link

That's very close to what I want. There is a guy up here who has a glass 32 roadster. His is painted to look like it had coleor at one time and the paint wore thin and the rust came through. I thought it was a steel car until he told me it was glass and then showed me. I don't have that talent.

Putz,

Did you find what you were looking for? I would like to find a clamp on mirror too because the previous owner dinged up the windshield post right where the miirror mounts and a clamp-on would cover that. The only one I've found is HUGE and looks a little too industrrial.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back