Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Miss Fortune

Take your time Fred. Develope your network too. That could be a great source of insiration for you. Of course you know we will all be here to help also. Acquire some of the other sets of plan that are available and study them. By comparing the features, you can make decisions on that you want and what will work.

The welding class is a great idea. Another way to aquire this skill is to find a good welder and have him show you the processes you want to use. MIG or wire welding has developed into the most popular method because it is the easiest to learn and become proficient at.

Buying tools is going to be another thing to think about. The more you can do, the cheaper your build will be. If there is a particular area that peaks your intrest, concentrate more on that. Labor trades are one of the best things you can get into.

We all know you have the desire. You also have a very good reference in Miss B. You took on the wiring devil and shunned him. I just know you can do any of this that you put your mind to. You are a problem solver and that's probably the biggest plus for a hot rodder.

In short, use this new project to learn new skills and talents.

Ron

Hey Fred, check this out.

eBay Motors: Ford (item 300236557432 end time Jul-01-08 20:02:34 PDT)

fd02_1.JPG

Eric at Pinkees is the coolest guy. We stopped in a few weeks ago on a friday while on our way to Wyoming. My buddy blew a gasket on his tranny pan in Pinkees parkinglot. We found a parts store and had the 31 Chevy coupe up on the curb so we could work on it when Eric showed up to do some paperwork. He offered to move cars around so we could use his shop, tools and anything else we needed. He then gave us free reign in his shop to look at everything while he worked. He is truely a class act and in my opinion one of the very best builders in the country.

Some Pics from the shop
l_8500bb618e9b77b9a83147ad49995fa0.jpg

l_4b93c9cdae3e942ba597daa9dc658d02.jpg

l_5bea20a1e2d51a9405f6ee1d43dd6482.jpg

l_9e1674b2ae003fe37078b1bfc8cfad89.jpg

T-Odd said:

T-Odd, why do you show me that!? That is too much overload for a guy with an over active enthusiasm and a small wallet!

I'm sure there is a way to go with something like that with a lot of planning and that is a VERY cool car. It works for me to the point of me buying a Lotto ticket on the way home tonight!:lol:

"over active enthusiasm and a small wallet"

sounds like me too.

You should see all the hot rod projects in MY head, no way to ever even START on one of them, cept maybe the VW powered rear engined LOW T Tub I want to build.

Ever since I saw this I've wanted to build one.

1258865661_3a24b92906_o.jpg

Would LOVE to have a built Harley engine bolted up to the VW tranny, motor hanging out back, short hood on the front, no firewall just stretched out legs, oh MAN I want to build that so bad. With no Trans tunnel to take up valuable foorspace it would be AWESOME for us long legged guys.

No necessarily fast though :(

im in love w. the carthat inspired you. i saw it a while back one one of the hot rod mag's websites, but lost the link someplace along the way

its the car that made me create the "sparky" frame plans i have, which include enough frame for a "trunk" section just like that car does

good luck :lol:

Fred, I found a patern for you on cars on line. A 1930 Jones-Stutz Indy Special.

Thanks guys. As of this date, I am back in the saddle, but going slow (due to funds), but Mikey is working with me on that and I should have the frame and front suspension worked out by the end of the summer.

In the meantime, I'm researching power plant options and planning out my course of action for the winter months. So, she's back to being a go, just taking my time and curbing my enthusiasm, so I can make good financial decisions.

Lowrollerchevy, here's the link to my inspiration for Miss Fortune.

0509rc Pinkee 01 Z Photo

The"inspiration"roadster pick up was also featured in The Rodders Journal a while back..Number 29.Full feature with all the spec's.

Collecting stuff

And so it begins. the gathering of patrs has begun and with great results. I went to my monthly HAMB meet up and a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse. A Superior radiator that he had gotten and never used and a set of vintage look Autometer gauges still in the box. Both for $350. The radiator is just like mine, except shorter, and should end up being a perfect fit. I'll be able to run a chopped A shell. He's cool with holding them for me and I should have them this week. Here's an idea of what the gauges look like.

autometer_gauges.jpg

Man, the feeling of working on a project again is great fun.:rulz:

Re: Collecting stuff

tfeverfred said:
And so it begins. the gathering of patrs has begun and with great results. I went to my monthly HAMB meet up and a guy made me an offer I couldn't refuse. A Superior radiator that he had gotten and never used and a set of vintage look Autometer gauges still in the box. Both for $350. The radiator is just like mine, except shorter, and should end up being a perfect fit. I'll be able to run a chopped A shell. He's cool with holding them for me and I should have them this week. Here's an idea of what the gauges look like.

autometer_gauges.jpg

Man, the feeling of working on a project again is great fun.:rulz:

Those are beautiful! $350 is also a smoking deal. Congrats!!

David

Re: Collecting stuff

Building a local network is where you'll find some terrific deals. Nice work Fred. Great score.

Ron

Well, I lost out on the gauges and radiator. Seems he also had them on Ebay. I can't find fault in a person taking a better offer, especially when they had the cash. Oh well, bargains will surface again. I'll just need to have the cash on hand when I go looking.

In other news, Mikey has just about gotten the basic frame done to my specs and the Dago dropped axle is also just about done. Once I gather the rest of the pieces to complete the frontend. I'll go to see him and we'll test fit everything. This will probably be sometime in late August. My excitement has slowed down a little and that is a good thing. Going back to my first build, I have had nothing but good luck when I take my time and plan my steps. Rushing always leads to money and time lost. A basic lesson that my limited budget helps me stick to.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back