Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Miss Fortune

Todd said:
Fred, I got an extra pair of 2 1/4" shackles if you need them.

Thanks for the offer, but the ones I need are 1 3/4" wide. As for a list:

2 of the mentioned shackles.
4 clevis's 5/8" thread, 3/8" opening
4 rod ends, 5/8" RHT. 1/2" opening

Mikey says he will weld the brackets on the rearend soon. The rearend is out of a '78 Lincoln Versailles (SP), so I 'll have disc in the rear. I need a rotor and caliper for one side. I forget which, but I have a friend who has a salvage yard and he says he will give me a "po-boy" deal. Besides, there's no way I'd want someone to ship that to me, if they had them. WAY TOO heavy.

That will basicly give me a rolling chassis minus wheels and tires. Yes, I am excited. I'll post pics of what Mikey has done so far and you guys will be amazed. He knows my situation and is still pressing forward.

Man hug all around.:)

Mock up.

I think you get the idea.;)

down_stairs_shop.jpg

Those are not the wheels and tires I'm going with, but you get the idea. Progress!

Looking good Fred,,so who's are they ?

Fred,
Maybe I missed something... I read your original build thread and then the account of your accident. Was there nothing salvageable from Miss Behavin'? It looks like you're starting over completely; can you bring me up to date?

Thanks.

meangreen said:
Fred,
Maybe I missed something... I read your original build thread and then the account of your accident. Was there nothing salvageable from Miss Behavin'? It looks like you're starting over completely; can you bring me up to date?

Thanks.

What I had decide to do was have Mikey build me a rolling chassis per my specs. I had a very good suspension the frame was bent. There a lot of good parts on Miss Behavin, mainy the body. Those parts will go on this new chassis.

Now for the AWESOME news. Saturday morning I got a call from my lawyer. She normally doesn't work on the weekend, but was catching up on work. Well, she told me a letter had come from the city and it said that they are going to pay for the car repairs first. There were some forms that I needed to sign. She wanted to know it I wanted to come over or have her mail them to me. I drove over:lol:. There was a tax form of some kind (dang government:mad:) and a letter saying how much they are going to pay. It is quite a nice figure. She says it will take 2 to 3 weeks for me to get the check. Yup... I was all smiles.:D

Once again, I want to thank all you guys for hanging in there with me. I owe some favors and will be taking care of ya. So, it won't be long now! Sure would be nice to get it before Christmas.:D

As for the bodily injury portion of the lawsuit, could be a lot more months, but I can handle that.

Great news Fred,,and just in time for Christmas too !

Wow i am glad you didnt give up that is great news, Mikey is a great guy and would give ya the shirt off his back, of course it would be a blanket for me hehe. Keep pushing forwards cause backwards are for Ford guys.:cry:

LumenAl said:
So your original engine is usable or doing something different?

I'm hoping to use the same engine. It looks okay. I'm sure about the tranny, but I'll know more when I start tearing her down.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back