Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

My new Building/Garage

Yahoo! Do you have all your recepts and switches in yet? I had to have an inspection for those also. I just put in one switch, one light, and one recept, and called for an inspection. As soon as the inspector left, I added what I wanted. :devilish:

Reactions: RPM
Did they use a methane probe to look for bodies under the slab? Freaking govt inspectors lol. Nice garage/workshop!

No they used my cell phone pictures to see the reinforcing wire and that plastic film was down. Now this is a pole barn, storage shed not a hospital or school. He ask who did the wiring. I told him I did. He said it was very professional. They still haven't set the meter.

SUCCESS! finally. Turned each breaker on individually, none popped Good. Started turning on lights and checking outlets, nothing worked. Started running all kinds of things that could be wrong through my head. Remembered the guy dropped the meter on the ground when he was installing it. Then I remembered the main 200 Amp breaker at the top of the box. flicked it on, presto, everything worked. full view meter 10-10-16.jpg

I just finished my shop. It is 20X30 with 10 foot walls. I used American Lighting $ foot LED's (120 LED's per light). They are very bright and they use less power than fluorescents. I got 6 each for $238.00 on Amazon. I am very happy with them. I also have white insulation on the walls and ceiling, which helps. They are supposed to last 50,00 hours. I know I won't last that long.

Attachments

• Shop lights 11-23-16 1.jpg
    Shop lights 11-23-16 1.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Shop lights 11-23-16 2.jpg
    Shop lights 11-23-16 2.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Shop lights 11-23-16 3.jpg
    Shop lights 11-23-16 3.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Shop lights 11-23-1604.jpg
    Shop lights 11-23-1604.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 45
Nice!

I would spend all of my free time in there.

At work, we've been retrofitting fluorescent lighting with LED. They are much better.

30x40 insulated and heat in the floor, jones'in for a/c although it's pretty tolerable if I keep it closed up.
A 4 post lift was some of the best money I could have spent, working under the dash while standing beats laying down.
20160501_142117_zpsh7mxptx2.jpg

If only......I have a small one car garage that I did my build, or should say rebuild in....only a floor jack, jealous of those of you that have an actual shop!!

The LED lights are less cold sensitive. I used to have fluorescents in my garage and below twenty degrees they would have a hard time starting and would noticeably flicker.

The LED lights are less cold sensitive. I used to have fluorescents in my garage and below twenty degrees they would have a hard time starting and would noticeably flicker.

Plus all the annoying bussing and flickering is gone.

Nice shop! I have been contemplating putting an addition on my shop, but Ive decided to erect a different building. I been looking at a 40x80x14 with a 12' porch on the rear for implement storage, etc. the catch is I need to make up my mind if I am going to stay here or move. The house and farm is nice, but I'm down to one child still home and she will soon be off to college. We dont eed the room and I hate Ohio winters too. The other catch is the longer I wait, the less I'll use it...

"The other catch is the longer I wait, the less I'll use it..."

Ain't that the truth. I laid outside in the snow in limestone for years but at 70 years old I finally got my shop.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back